Weather Underground: Local Map
Description of App
COMMUNITY POWERED WEATHER
The Weather Underground iPhone app provides the world's most accurate hyper-local weather forecasts in addition to interactive radar, satellite maps and
severe weather alerts. Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced
data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location.
With free push notifications for weather alerts, Weather Underground is your essential app during severe weather events. Our interactive map (WunderMap)
displays animated radar and satellite data to track storms, as well as providing specific map presets for tracking hurricanes and wildfires.
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT TO OTHERS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
- Our 33,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills
in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual
data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map (WunderMap) on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions from our personal
weather station network, animated radar, satellite, webcams and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the
various map presets such as severe alerts, fire risk, active fires, hurricane and webcams.
- Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you're actually observing. If you see something different you can report the
conditions you're experiencing for the benefit of other app users.
- Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
FREE Severe Weather Alerts Push Notification
Easy SHARING capabilities allow you to share forecasts, maps and alerts with your friends and family.
About Weather Underground
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and
millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 30,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather
Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based
in San Francisco, California.
- Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like temperatures, wind speed and direction, humidity, dew point, visibility,
pressure, gusts and moon phase
- 10-day Forecasts including text summary
- Hourly Forecasts including sunrise and sunset
- Historical data
- Interactive Map showing all weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, webcams and much more data
- List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
- Crowd reporting feature empowers users to verify our data
- Twitter Integration – share weather data straight onto your Twitter handle and follow the latest weather trends on the Wunderground Twitter Feed
- Snow and Winter Sport reports
- Weather commentary from Dr Masters
- National Weather Service Radio
- Video Player
"The bar, as far as weather related apps are concerned, has been raised." –TapCentral.com, December 2011
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app
It is now accessible!
What's New in Version 2.0.1
- Show GPS position on map
- Improved radar
- Improved satellite
- Minor enhancements and bug fixes
The poorly labeled button continues to exist in this new version. Some of the navigation are not as easy as one would expect. It does give some weather information that are very useful and informative. For, example. It will even tell you if and how the weater was compared to yesterday. Giving you an idea what today's weather will be like. I do like that the weather and other areas will read to you in one long details. Instead of having to swipe to each invidual information. Odd reasons when I tried the Push Notifications with in the app. It says it is not available at this time.
What's New in Version 4.0
- Today Widgets featuring current forecasts and radar
- iOS 8 support
- Bug fixes and performance updates