Description of App:
Named by Time.com's @Techland as one of the best weather apps for Your iPhone. And now the first app to give you severe weather alerts for your Apple Watch.
Severe weather alerts for your exact location. Storm Shield Weather Radio gives you storm-based alerts for tornado, hurricane, flood, thunderstorm, winterstorms and other life-threatening weather events via voice and push notification.
Storm-based or polygon alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. Many other productsstill use county-based alerts (meaning you'd get an alert even if your location in the county is not within the threatened area).
What people are saying:• Storm Shield "can keep you appraised of everything from severe thunderstorms to flash flooding... this kind of information can be a life-saver, as manyof its loyal users have already attested." - Time.com
• Storm Shield "alerted our family of the Broken Arrow, OK tornado, faster than the TV and tornado sirens." - Robyn, Broken Arrow, OK resident
• "I was in Oklahoma City during the tornado... we were right in its path. Your app literally was a life saver." - dcalk12
Benefits include:• Get NOAA alerts via voice and push notification no matter where you are in the United States.
• With Storm Shield's Apple Watch extension get a tap on your wrist any time severe weather alerts are issued for your locations.
• Share severe weather alerts with your family and friends to make sure they stay safe.
• Beautifully sharp radar map as your home screen so you can immediately see what's going on at your current and saved locations.
• Share your radar view with family and friends when severe weather is affecting them.
• See where NOAA watches and warnings are issued by switching map overlays.
• See Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks.
• Save five additional locations to make sure friends and family at home, work, or out of state stay safe.
• School Closings for Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Tulsa and Buffalo.
• View current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts.
• Severe weather forecasts in the app. Know where bad weather will occur before you travel with forecasts by our Storm Shield Meteorologist.
• Watch live video streams when available (usually during local coverage of severe weather in most cities listed below).
Battery tips:• Storm Shield uses iOS Significant-Change Location and Background Refresh (not GPS) to balance location accuracy and battery life.
• Turn off Background Tracking and instead set one of your five locations to where you are most often.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company, including WCPO Cincinnati, KNXV ABC15 Phoenix, WEWS Newsnet5 Cleveland, WXYZ Detroit, KJRH Tulsa,KMGH ABC7 Denver, KGTV ABC10 San Diego, KERO 23 Bakersfield, WMAR ABC2 Baltimore, WFTS ABCActionNews Tampa, WPTV News Channel 5 West Palm Beach, WRTV RTV6The IndyChannel Indianapolis, KSHB 41 Action News Kansas City, WKBW Buffalo, WTVF Nashville, KMTV ActionNews Omaha, WSYM Fox47 News Lansing-Jackson, WFTXFox 4 Ft. Myers, WTMJ Milwaukee, WGBA NBC26 Green Bay, KIVI Fox9 On Your Side Boise, KTNV 13 ActionNews Las Vegas, KGUN 9 On Your Side Tucson, KTTS Springfield.
View our Support FAQs at support.stormshieldapp.com, and get tips, updates and more on our Storm Shield Facebook page.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
Appears to be very VoiceOver friendly. Some of the interface is a bit quirky but overall does a very good job. If one of your local television station participates in the app. It will provide many featues such as School Closures, Local Video Forcast, and more. Making this a great choice if you are in the need for weather alerts in being pushed to you in real time. Works great and quick in getting those need to know alerts when things come across for your area. It also offers the Follow Me function so that no matter where you are at. It will alert you for the location you are in when something comes up.