Description of App
In times of social networks and smartphones we use URLs all day. But they can be really long - too long! They neither look pleasant on our small screens nor in longer texts on big screens. They take away space - important space.
Short Menu solves this problem. It sends your long URL to a service of your choice, which then returns a short URL you can use instead.
Short Menu, its 2 Action Extensions and Today Widget support 16 different services (5 require sign-in) and is extremely easy to use. On launch it will automatically take the URL from your clipboard. You only have to press one button, then Short Menu will shorten your URL and automatically copy the short URL for you.
After shortening, Short Menu saves both the short and long URL in your history, which will be synced with iCloud to ensure you got all your short URLs on all your devices (even on your Mac if you're using the macOS version).
Short Menu perfectly integrates with bit.ly, Rebrandly, Google, Hive, tiny.cc, Droplr and CloudApp (for using Rebrandly, tiny.cc, Droplr or CloudApp, an account is obligatory). You can easily manage all your accounts in Short Menu's settings and, if you added multiple accounts for the same service, activate the account Short Menu shall use.
Got your own URL service? Short Menu can handle it. You can add as many custom services as you like. Short Menu can send both GET and POST requests, add HTTP headers and supports different encodings for POST requests. To avoid the need of entering the same information about your custom services again and again, they will be synced with iCloud.
• Lightning fast URL shortening with 16 services supported by default
• 7 of the default services and all custom services support custom keywords
• Use the two Action Extensions to shorten URLs system-wide
• Shorten URLs from anywhere using the today widget
• Add as many bit.ly, Rebrandly, Google, Hive, tiny.cc, Droplr and CloudApp accounts as you want
• Add an unlimited number of custom services
• Configure your own affiliate tokens and campaigns for iTunes and Amazon
• Copy and share any URL from your history
• Your history and custom services will be synced with iCloud
• Supports x-callback-urls for Launch Center Pro
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This app is very accessible. The only area that is complicated is the Select URL screen, there's no dismiis button if you don't have the purchase. Selecting the already selected URL Shortener does nothing. You have to quit and re-open the app from the App Switcher to go back, which is very tedious. I'll contact the devs about it.
Other than the Select URL screen being weird, this is a good find. It automatically detects the link on your clipboard, and all you need to do is select Shorten and it copies it back to your clipboard in shortened form.
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app