Description of App
MyFinder AI is the smartest and simplest text, scene & object recognition app that speaks out the visible surroundings of the blind and low vision users, helping them lead independent lives. MyFinder connects the users, if needed, to a human volunteer right the way.
We are so happy to have you join our community. Using MyFinder is simple, once you sign in. You start receiving calls after 24h, just in time for us to check everything. There are guidelines on your page of access, please respect them and this community. Please make sure that your notifications are on, so we can let you know when you can intervene.
The app is developed for and along with the visually impaired community. It is easy to use, gets things done and a one for many features interface bringing the most advanced assistive tech experience to blind and visually impaired users.
Upon opening the app, simply hold your phone camera towards any piece of text, your surroundings, objects, people, or products, and everything will be read out to you thanks to MyFinder's artificial intelligence. The support button is on the same screen, connecting you directly to a human volunteer for further support.
MyFinder is free to install and to use at the moment allowing you to experience all the features of the app and suggest new features for us to develop.
MyFinder enables you to:
Find what you're looking for:
* Realtime object explorer: Instantly hear the names of the objects in the frame.
* Immediate object finder with smart guidance: Find the objects around you by selecting from the 80 objects from the in-app list. MyFinder will guide you using sound and vibrations towards the object. Even in the dark, MyFinder AI automatically turns on the torch on your phone so it can look for the object you are trying to find.
* Immediate Human support: On the top right corner is the call function for human support. Our algorithm matches you as fast as possible with the available volunteers and members of our team.
Hear what’s around you:
* On the go scene description: Hear descriptions of visual scenes, people, objects, and products. You can start an automatic scene description as soon as you open the MyFinder app.
* Quick Read: Easily hear the text on your documents and products.
Share only what you want:
* MyFinder AI runs on your device which means none of your data is sent to the cloud, allowing you to use advanced technology privately*. MyFinder also works without an internet connection so that the blind or visually impaired user can use it in any situation. MyFinder is fully VoiceOver accessibility support. Whenever you get stuck, you can always find help on the features under settings or call us ( Between 9 am to 5 pm - GMT ) and we will give personal training on how to use MyFinder .
* Unless the feature to send information to the cloud is activated in settings, your information is safely stored on your smartphone.
* Please note that MyFinder is at the end of the day an Artificially intelligent machine, some of the outputs can be wrong. However, Finderr learns to become better over time the more you use it.
* MyFinder is only available in English at moment, we are currently working on translating it to another language. If you can help us in doing that please reach out to us in the email below.
Features coming up in the next update:
* Import: Read and explore the text from the images and PDF files.
* Share: Sharing the images of objects found or documents with your family and friends directly from MyFinder .
* Currency: Recognize currencies and hear the value of a banknote
* Barcode: Scan barcodes to hear the name and brand of the products with additional information
We'll keep you up to date and informed of all that we're doing, but please don’t hesitate to suggest to us features that you need on a daily basis.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Very accessible and easy to use.
as some of the mentioned future updates this has some potential.
1 people have recommended this app
Can this be used on older phones that don't have precision finding? I have an 8+ and could use something like this.
I'm so curious why people ask, if a free, app is accessible. You don't want to spend cash, ok. But this app is 100% free so what's up with that? besides, based on the description written by the developer, I might test it to see but there seemed to be some words repeated over in the description signifying a language translation issue of sorts. Ah well. carry on hoping someone does the work for you. :) sarcastic not attacking anyone.
I asked because I've seen apps that use lidar, and that is only available on the 12. I'd rather know it will work for me before I download it, because there's no sense downloading an app that is way too advanced for my phone. This has nothing to do with accessibility whatsoever.
How does one scan a barcode? I don't see a setting for that. This app has great potential and hopefully one day it will replace htat peace of junk seeing AI app! man that thing turned out to be a flop and a disappointment.
I have an 8 and have no issues.
Thanks. Definitely worth downloading then!
It doesn't want to find my keys. I sometimes lose them but it doesn't have keys. I tried the experimental mode where there are more objects, including key, but it still wouldn't accept the search. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.