Description of App
Download the new Google Chrome for your iPhone and iPad. Now more simple, secure and faster than ever. Get the best of Google Search, and easily sync your bookmarks and passwords with Chrome on your laptop. Download the fast, secure browser recommended by Google. NEW - You can now set Chrome as your default browser. Follow the in-app prompt or go to Settings > Google Chrome to set Chrome as default. All web links will automatically open in Chrome. • SEARCH WITH GOOGLE - Chrome is the browser with Google built in. Search and get answers on Google fast. • BROWSE FAST - Choose from personalized search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly browse previously-visited websites. • SEARCH FROM YOUR HOME SCREEN - Access Chrome from your iOS home screen with the new widget. • SYNC YOUR CHROME - When you sign into Chrome, your bookmarks, saved passwords, and settings will be automatically synced so you can access all your information from your phone, tablet, or laptop. • STORE PASSWORDS & PAYMENT METHODS - Chrome can save your passwords and payment information, and automatically fill them into forms when you need them. • VOICE SEARCH - Use Google voice search to get answers without typing. • MANAGE TABS EASILY - See all your tabs in a single view and easily organize them into groups. • ARTICLES FOR YOU - Chrome surfaces articles, blogs, and content that we think you might like. The more you use Chrome, the more personalized it gets. You’ll always have what’s most relevant to you at your fingertips. • GOOGLE TRANSLATE - Chrome lets you translate an entire site in a single click with Google Translate built in. • INCOGNITO MODE - Use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02) • SAVE YOUR SITES - Save pages for later with bookmarks in Chrome.
This is very much a surprise. Chrome is now pretty much accessible! The Tabs now work very well!
Now when you enter the Tab page. You will now see a Card Close button follow by the page that is open for that Card. Just double tap on the Card Close and it is now closed.
The only minor issue is that on the main page just left of the Tab button is Settings. This is really not the Settings button. Just re-label this as Menu. Once you have done that. If you go in to the Menu. At this point you will see the Settings with in this Menu. Plus, along many other features.
What's New in Version 26.0.1410.50
Fullscreen for iPhone and iPod touch
• Scroll the toolbar off the screen to enjoy the full page of content.
• Quickly re-access the omnibox by scrolling back down.
• Print web pages with Google Cloud Print or AirPrint.
• Save any page as a PDF to Google Drive
Stability / security improvements and bug fixes
What's New in Version 28.0.1500.12
• Interoperability with other Google Apps
◦ Option to open links for YouTube, Maps, G+ and Drive in the app instead of the browser.
• Enhancements to voice search
◦ Text-to-speech for all variations of English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Japanese, and Korean.
◦ Toolbar controls are always available when using voice search
• Fullscreen on iPad
• Data cost savings
◦ Reduce data usage and speed up page load times. View data savings in Bandwidth Management settings. This feature is being rolled out and will be available to all users over time.
• Access to browser history
• Stability / security improvements and bug fixes
• Fixes embedded video playback in iOS 5.1
• Stability / security improvements and bug fixes
My Test Run of Google Chrome
What's New in Version 40.0.2214.61
• New look with Material Design bringing bold graphics, fluid motion, and tactile surfaces
• iOS 8 optimizations and support for bigger phones
• Support handoff from Chrome to your default browser on OS X
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
As far as I can tell from re-opening the app after updating, at least from a VoiceOver user's perspective, nothing has really changed. The settings button is still the menu button, but that takes a few seconds to re-label.
Can you play videos like IE? Does it has some type of flash player?
Accessibility broken on latest version of Crome
After doing a google search with Crome, every swipe causes the focus to land in the search field. Do not update to the January 27 version.
The Google browser for iOS is a much better option and has a cleaner Web Interface for voice over users.
Actually it happens on every
Actually it happens on every page you browse with Chrome. Every time you flick the focus jumps to a form and VO says "Previous Field".
No idea what happened but now Chrome is unusable with VO. Totally accessible yes but unusable.
Thank you Google for fixing the VoiceOver issue!
What's New in Version 48.0.2564.104
This update addresses issues that were introduced in our previous release:
• Fixes some scroll position issues when opening links
• Fixes in-page anchor links not navigating
• Fixes VoiceOver not working correctly
• Fixes external apps launching unexpectedly when typing in the Omnibox
• Restores support for NTLM authentication
execution is now dramatically faster!
This release also includes:
• Redesigned icons on the New Tab page: easier access to more of your frequently-visited sites
• Spotlight integration: Drag down or right from the Home screen and search for your Chrome bookmarks
Sorry but jumping to a specific header does not work
After using a web rotor, typing the few letters does not land on the specific header or give the list of headers matching the letters you typed....