Description of App
Over 1 million users love CamFind! Take a picture of any object and learn more about it. CamFind is the very first successful visual search engine that can photograph, identify, and provide information on any object, at any angle. Forget about typing queries into your browser to get information, instead use CamFind to take a picture and learn! FEATURES * Internet Search Results * Related/Similar Images * Price Comparisons and Online Shopping * Related Places and Address Finder * Film Poster/DVD Recognition * Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Email, and Text ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS * Ability to upload and save images to or from Camera Roll * QR and Barcode Scanner * Language Translator * Voice Search * Text Search * VoiceOver compatible * And much more… Download CamFind now to experience a mobile search like never before. The evolution is coming - text-based search is the old way of doing things. Don't fall behind the curve - get CamFind! We are the future! COVERAGE * TechCrunch * 9to5Mac * CNET * Cult of Mac * Life Hack * Life Hacker * iPhone Life Magazine * Examiner * Metro * And many more… ABOUT COMPANY Image Searcher is a Los Angeles-based tech company that specializes in image recognition and mobile visual search. Its mission is to deliver the most superior mobile visual search solution to people around the world, and to become the global leader in image recognition and mobile visual search.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This is fully accessible.
Must say after playing with this application. It is a very unique little app to have your device. So many nifty little features such as the ability to do a Voice Search. It does a very good job of being able to identify things and do a variety of searches on it. I do like the ability in able to scan QR and barcode with this applications as well. They have done a marvelous job on this app. There is an unlabel button when you first open the app for the first time. After you get pass this screen. It is mostly accessible. Would like to see some of the similar features you have in the TapTapSee of the tone when something is in focus. Plus, maybe the ability of something of a tone or sort when it is identified. For odd reason, it was a bit slow for me to pull up all of the results. A must have app and a great way to find things quickly and easily.
Developer's Twitter Username
4 people have recommended this app
The buttons on the "History" screen do not appear to be accessible with VoiceOver. Specifically, double tapping the "clear" button doesn't seem to do anything, nor does using the "add item" button or trying a double tap and hold pass through gesture on the individual history items. A Twitter search brought up the results that this is a problem noted by the developer for this release.
The unlabeled button on the initial startup screen closes the tutorial window. Try accessing the "options menu" button to the right of the "take picture" biutton, then double tapping the "about" button. If you double tap on the "tutorial", you get the content that appeared on the startup screen, with an unlabeled button that gets you out without reading the remaining 7 pages. I labeled this "close window". The only way I can navigate through the tutorial is when focus is on the text. For example, when VO says "Identify famous landmarks and learn more about them", a three finger flick left moves me to page 2, and lands focus on the button that is now labeled "close window". Flick right to "find reviews and watch the trailer for a movie" and do the three finger scroll here to advance to the next page. Double tap the "close window" button to exit the tutorial.
The Accessibility has been improved in this version. The Unlabel button has now been resolved. Plus the Clear button found in the History page has also been fixed.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
* Fixed error with shopping results
* Fixed "clear" and "+" buttons on history list
* Fixed crash in shopping results
* Scan barcodes during capture as well as live
* Show search item immediately after being found
What's New in Version 1.0.3
* Fixed issue where movie trailers would sometimes fail to play
* Changes to some Accessibility elements to fix issues with VoiceOver (more to come)
* Various fixes for stability and usability
What's New in Version 1.0.4
* Fixed Facebook integration
* Added clear-all confirmation
* Fixed certain issues when GPS was disallowed
* Shopping results improved for UK,AR,BR,CO,CR,CL,DO,EC,MX,PA,PE,PT,UY,VE
* Fixed some instances where CamFind would quit unexpectedly
What's New in Version 1.0.7
* Stability improvements
* Improved shopping results
* Improved movie trailer results
* Share from results screen
As of August 28th, 2013. This app is no longer FREE and has gone to a PAID status. It is currently listed as $1.99 US in the AppStore.
This will not effect any of the users that have already downloaded the app. The NEW price will only effect NEW users that have not yet downloaded it.
What's New in Version 1.0.9
* Improved barcode and QRcode scanning
* Changed content of "share" messages
* Fixed some VoiceOver items
* Stability improvements
* Significantly improved barcode reader on iOS 7. Just point at a barcode and it will auto-detect. Tap to focus on the barcode for improved accuracy.
* Minor usability improvements
* Fixed some stability issues
* Fixed hang on initial startup on iOS 7.1.0
What's New in Version 2.0.3
* Faster start times
* Various bug fixes
* Native speech synthesis on iOS 7.0.3+
CamFind Version 2.0.4 is now available:
"What's New in Version 2.0.4
* Various bugfixes and stability improvements"
CamFind Version 2.0.5 is now available:
"What's New in Version 2.0.5
* Fixed crash in language list"
CamFind version 2.0.6 is now available:
"What's New in Version 2.0.6
* Stability improvements"
Will this App work on the 4S?
Still appears to be very accessible and easy to use.
What's New in Version 3.0.0
CamFind 3.0 Released!
- Featuring a much higher level of detail and accuracy for Fashion, Insects, and Automobiles.
- Cool new view so you can see CamFind figure out what's in your picture!
Please report any problems or issues to:
this app works on iPad air?
CamFind is not an Universal app that will run native to the iPad. However, it will still run just fine on the iPad if you want to try it out. It was design for the iPhone so if you have any vision it will be slightly larger on the iPad. All functions will work the same way and you should have no problem in using this on your iPad.
thanks for the tip.
it is a great app.
I already installed it on my iPad air.
I'm looking for a replacement for Red Laser.
This app is nice, but
* It doesn't do live UPC code scanning which isn't very practical if you don't know where the UPC code is.
* Despite what the accessibility ratings say, I found a number of unlabeled buttons.
I have been using TapTapSee for a couple of years now. I think CamFind has a ways to go before it will be as good as TapTapSee. Especially in the ease of use category.