Description of App
Leave your equipment at home - create professional sounding podcasts and radio on the go, from anywhere - using only your iPhone or iPad.
Your show is automatically mixed and mastered while it’s being recorded. Focus your time and energy on being creative, instead of doing post-production work.
Backpack is the successor to bossjock studio, from the original developer, and based upon years of refinement and user feedback. A must-have app for podcasters and radio DJs - both beginner and pro.
- Record your voice while triggering sounds live - intros, background music, and sound effects. Sounds automatically adjust volume in real time. No need for multitrack or post production software. Recording your show becomes a creative live performance!
- A powerful soundboard with unlimited pages of soundpads. Scroll pads to the left and a new empty page appears - ready to go! Reposition sounds, or pin sounds to a specific pad to appear on each page. Configure the size, color, and behavior of each pad as needed. Swipe the pads vertically to live mix the volume.
- Import sounds into the soundboard from anywhere - iCloud, dropbox, google drive, your music library, email, even import directly from other apps.
- Turn your podcast into a creative video using animations, text, and photos. Great for promoting your show on social media!
- Find the perfect eq filter for your voice. Noise gate to lower background noise. Studio quality compression, limiting, and eq algorithms are automatically applied to your mix live for a loud, studio quality mastered sound.
- Encodes to all popular formats, mp3, wav, m4a,
aiff, and video.
- Publish recordings directly to iCloud, dropbox, Facebook, youtube, an FTP, Libsyn, or open in any app on your phone that accepts audio or video.
- Full VoiceOver compatibility for visually impaired producers .
- Battery and cpu optimization. Records in compressed audio to save 90% of the drive space space of other mixing apps. (optional)
- Inter-app audio and audiobus support allow you to stream to other apps.
- Unrivaled hardware support. Backpack works with all usb / external mics like the Apogee Mic, IK Multimedia iRig Mic Cast and Blue Mikey. 4 channel usb mixer support for Focusrite mixers. Mix the left and right channels together or disable the iOS built in gain control (AGC) via the settings panel. We're always adding support for the latest iOS hardware.
Visit backpackstudioapp.com for more info!
Send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
follow us on our social media accounts:
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
The app is very accessible with VoiceOver, and has a lot of features that the former Bossjock did not. You could now change the setting on what the magic tap (2-finger double tap) does according to your preference. You could either stop/pause recording, or trigger the microphone on/off.
If you're looking for an app with the ability to record professional podcasts, this is an excellent app at a price that's well worth it. the dev is very responsive and can answer any questions you may have on the app, so be sure to send him an email to: email@example.com
Developer's Twitter Username
0 people have recommended this app
Hi, if you need to add to a recording that you have already done, can you do that or do you have to create a new recording? I really like this app, but I’m just confused about how editing is handled.
great question. unfortunately, you'll need to make a new recording every time. I know, their's no editing capabilities in this app, but once you are recording you can do the magic tap to pause recording, and again to resume a recording that's in progress. that's the best solution for now. the developer is always looking for feature suggestions, so you may email the developer at:
One of the features they will add in either 1.2.3 or 1.2.4 is the actions rotor for VoiceOver users, to do such things as play an audio file, delete, export, etc while in the files screen. they are currently looking into it now, and will be coming soon.
Love it, except under iOs 13.x voiceover crackles which sucks big time. I did a podcast and posted a video with some text overlay where you can hear it, the crackling that is. I am glad though I paid for it, it is worth it.
I've not experienced your voiceover issue. everything on my end appears to be working fine. Yeah, the video maker is absolutely amazing. I actually recorded a video promo for my friend and she totally loved it. They should be coming out with an update soon, which may allow you to use siri to record faster just by asking it.
Back Pack Studio is the best way for mobile creaters to creat stunning content! I endorse this product 100 percent!
Hmm odd, If you listen to this link you should hear the voiceover crackling issue, plus it will not pick up other sounds from other apps. and example is [this podcast](, http://tffppodcast.com/lets-count-money) where I Had to finisht the job on my computer. but over all I love the app.
I am considering purchasing this app. I do have Another app on my phone called Dolby On. And it sounds like there’s pretty much does the same thing that that app does. Though I do have questions for example if I’m in the middle of recording something and an idea comes to me right away to add something if I pause the recording am I able to add in a sound or a track somewhere along the lines.
I have a few questions. So I bought the app and I’m liking the layout very much. I also paid for the future that unlocks the live streaming portion.Now it looks like there are two choices in their ice cast and free SHOUTcast. I did go on the shelf cast website and create a different account however, when I went to activate it it looks like it wanted to charge me a fee. So I’m not going to use that one after all. There’s also one called ice cast I think it is? Is there any way that somebody could provide the link to that website. I would love to do a live talk show on audio games, as I already have a podcast dealing with that, but I think it would be a really fun thing to interact with people while I’m doing the show which is why I invested in this.g Now it looks like there are two choices in their ice cast and fresh outcast. I did go on the shelf cast website and create a free account however, when I went to activate it it looks like it wanted to charge me a fee. So I’m not going to use that one after all. There’s also one called ice cast I think it is? Is there any way that somebody could provide the link to that website. I would love to do a live talk show on audio games, as I already have a podcast dealing with that, but I think it would be a really fun thing to interact with people while I’m doing the show which is why I invested in this.