AdGuard — adblock&privacy
Description of App
The most efficient adblock for mobile, optimized for Safari. Remove annoying ads, boost browsing speed and secure your privacy with advanced site tracking protection. AdGuard for iOS is an open source app, it’s totally transparent and safe to use.
- Ad blocking. Removes all kinds of ads in Safari. Say goodbye to annoying banners, pop ups and video ads. Manage AdGuard filters as you like and whitelist certain websites.
- Tracking protection. Did you know that social and share buttons can identify you even if you never use them? AdGuard removes excessive buttons, counters and scripts that might track you. Targeted ads won’t follow you!
- Speed acceleration. Safari browser runs up to 4x faster because AdGuard leaves tons of rubbish behind, and you can freely surf the web!
- Reduced traffic consumption and increased battery life. All banners and ads might be of the same size as the page you’re loading. By blocking them, you’re saving your battery life and Wi-Fi/cellular traffic.
- Regional filters. AdGuard is the first ad blocker to support multiple regions. When you switch the language, web pages in all languages will be equally filtered.
- More than 50 adfilter subscriptions (EasyList, EasyPrivacy, etc.) plus AdGuard ad filter base. Altogether, they’ll block all possible ads.
AdGuard is an open-source ad-blocking software for multiple platforms. For more than six years AdGuard has been helping thousands of users enjoy safe, clean, and fast internet.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
The interface used to manage the filters is completely accessible. Since this is using apple's content blocking API's for safari, VoiceOver will also skip over the content that was blocked, so there are no accessibility problems.
I wanted to try one of the many iOS ad blockers out there now, and I saw a person retweet the release announcement for this one. apart from the fact it's free, what caught my attention is that adguard can make use of easylist lists, while other similar software like crystal use custom ones made specifically for the app. I've also read reviews that those lists tend to skip over some non-English ads, at least in Poland. Because I use ublock on my desktop browsers I know for a fact I have a lot of success blocking ads with easy lists, plus the regional Polish adblock lists so I gave adguard a try. It seems to do the job very well.
Developer's Twitter Username
5 people have recommended this app
Hello. It should be noted that this runs well on Safari on El Capitan as well. I am having trouble registering it though so may need to stay with the free version.
please some one make a podcast on this app