Description of App
Traveling with Southwest Airlines is now even more convenient with our first iPhone app. Make reservations, check in for flights, and access your Rapid Rewards account directly from your iPhone. Plus, our iPhone app has DING! functionality built in, giving you instant access to exclusive, limited-time-only air fare deals. When a DING! fare is made available, you’ll be notified immediately on your iPhone.
So now there’s no need to boot up your laptop or make a phone call to prepare for your next trip. Just pull out your iPhone to:
- View & book the latest DING! deals
- Book or cancel air reservations
- Book or cancel rental car reservations
- Check in for your flight
- Check flight status
- Review flight schedules
- Access your Rapid Rewards account
- Access helpful contact information
With many of southwest.com’s most popular features now in the palm of your hand, traveling on Southwest is more convenient than ever before.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Developer's Twitter Username
0 people have recommended this app
Version 2.4.0 is now available. From my limited testing, it appears as though no substantive accessibility improvements have yet been made:
"What's New in Version 2.4.0
We’re excited to bring more LUV to the tips of your fingers with version 2.4. In this update we’ve added:
• Mobile Boarding Pass in 28 airports: ABQ, ATL, AUS, BWI, BNA, BUR, DAL, DEN, FLL, HOU, LAS, LAX, MCI, MCO, MDW, MKE, MSY, OAK, PHL, PHX, RSW, SAN, SFO,
SJC, SMF, SNA, STL, TPA.
• NEW upcoming trip cards on your homepage so you can quickly view the info that matters to you the most while traveling like Flight Status, Boarding Position,
and Gate Information.
• Ability to access our most popular tools like Checkin and your Mobile Boarding Pass options right from the home screen.
• Additional bug fixes and improvements.
Thanks for all the feedback! Let’s keep that conversation going and stay tuned because soon we will be rolling out mobile boarding pass for even more airports!
For more info visit southwest.com/mobile."
Hi Michael and others, I have squeaked enough to get a voice mail saying they were working on their mobile site. A question to their facebook page a few weeks later didn't prove helpful. I'm not on twitter much or i'd aproach that way.
What's New in Version 2.8.0
• iOS 8 compatible
• Moved DING! into the hangar for repairs
• Squashed some bugs