Sports Scores & Alerts
Description of App
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
1 people have recommended this app
What's new in version 2.2:
• season and game-by-game stats for NFL and NCAA football players
• Expert Pick Packages - purchase ALL of the day's picks from any of our expert handicappers
• Fantasy Player Tracker!
◦ import your fantasy team or track your favorite players and get all their stats in 1 place
◦ receive alerts for every hit, home run, touchdown, field goal and much more!
So, when I try to select the alert type I want, it doesn't say whether or not I've selected it. How do I know whether an alert type I've double-tapped on is actually selected? Does it alternately select and deselect whenever you double-tap on it? (I've double-tapped on the same alert type several times, so I'm not sure whether it is now selected or deselected.)
Also, does anyone know what the grey/gold stars listed after each team under "set notifications" do?
used to use sportstap, but this has become my go to sports app.
Another question: At the end of the list where you can select the types of notifications you want to receive, there is something that says "scores every 5 minutes". Is this another option or does this mean that the scores only update every 5 minutes and that the score notifications you thus receive are not instantaneous?
OKI, so, I just re-downloaded this app because it appears that the NFL alerts are no longer working for me on the NFL official app.
I like the most recent update since I last used it, but...
It seems I can no longer find the way to set alert types for my teams. When I click "alerts", it says to go to your team, click it and select a "set alerts" button. However, when I go to a team, I do not see any "set alerts" button? Where is it? How do I set alerts for my teams??
As others have said, I've been waiting for what seems like years to find a truly user friendly sports app. Easy and fun to check scores. Voilà, this one is the best I've seen.
First, you will need to turn ON Alerts for a given Team by doing the following:
1. Double Tap the Following tab along the bottom row of Tabs
2. Find the Add button at the top right and double tap on this
3. Swipe to the right until you find the type of Sports you want to follow in this example double tap on NFL Football
4. Swipe right and double tap on each team you want to get an alert from. So if one double tap on the Kansas City Chiefs. Swiping one more time you should hear that the team has been selected.
5. When completed find the Done button at the top right and double tap
Now to change the type of alerts for a followed team. Do the following:
1. Double Tap on the Follow Tab on the bottom row
2. Swipe right and find the Team you are following and double tap on the Team
3. Swipe right until you hear the Selected Follow button and double tap on this
Now you should be able to change the type of alerts for that team.
Um, your buttons are not like mine...
Most importantly, I have no "follow" button along the bottom.
My tabs are labeled:
I couldn't even find anything else in the steps that you said that would work either.
So, none of what you said works for me.
Oh brother! I messed up on this one Misty. Very sorry about that. Yes, those steps that I gave were for another Sport app that I use. I use something called "The Score" instead and the steps were for that app. So my apology! I don't use the Sport Scores and Alerts any more since I like The Score better.
I hope somebody will be able to help you out.
I am liking this app so far except for one thing. With a sports app I want not only scores but breaking sports news.
Does anyone know how to get to the breaking sports news on this app?
Even though it isn't the most accessible, for example on the ESPN app there is a news tab. Double tapping on this tab brings up the latest sports news.
Is there any way with this app to view breaking news?
I want both scores and news!!
Other than that, this app looks nice.
what a pitty.
Accessible and well done, but unfortunately voiceover is not able to read tennis match results properly.