Zello Walkie Talkie
Description of App
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Feel free to contact me on Zello. My user name on Zello is =AnonyMouse=.
Developer's Twitter Username
7 people have recommended this app
Just doing a little testing, and when VoiceOver is disabled you flick up on the 'History' bar at the bottom of the screen to reveal a list of recent audio clips. Tapping on these will play them back. When on this screen the History bar appears to be about one quarter down the page, and you flick down on this to slide it back out of sight.
I've yet to find a way of replicating this with VoiceOver.
Thanks to Randy we now know how to access the History area of this app:
Hi from big R.
I figured out the history from Zello. If one double taps on history, one holds down on the second tap. While one is holding down on, slide your finger up the screen. A history panel opens. You can see within a contact you are inside of. You can play, delete, or clear your history. Hope this helps you guys.
To close the History page you do a one-fingered double-tap and hold when VoiceOver focus is on 'History'. Now, without lifting your finger, slide it down the screen for a couple of centimeters and then lift.
The Voice Over problem with in the Settings is working quite well now! The Current Trend in the Channel is a bit different. However, the option of the Busy problem is finally resolved! That was one of the biggest complaint I've seen. I am very glad to see this fixed! The Remot PTR I am still not sure what this does exactly. So if anyone can ellaborate on this. That would be great!
What's New in Version 1.7
- Added Trending channels section to Channels tab
- Improved in-app notifications
- Improved contact invitation flow
- Remote control PTT operation is now an option
- Fixed a bug when Zello status changes to Busy on audio interruption and doesn't return back to Available
- Improved VoiceOver support
- Fixed slow start up for users having 500+ contacts
- Faster sign in over slow network, reduced data usage
- Added Indonesian localization (contributed by Jonet Rohmanyu)
- Fixed several crashes
Version 1.7 had a lot of bugs with in the Channel page. This has appeared to have fixed the issues! Also, includes some new minor features.
What's New in Version 1.8
- Fixed a crash when using @Work accounts
- Added option to hide trending channels (use Edit on Channels tab)
- Added option to report abusive channels
- Added user and channel profiles
- Fixed remote control not working when the app in the background
- Added option to send location to your contact
- iPhone 5 compatibility fixes
- Various bugfixes and performance improvements
This is no doubt a major overhaul to the interface as you knew it. So far it appears to be completely accessible. However, keep in mind they have competely transformed this and you will need to relearn where everything is and how things work.
If you have noticed anything buggy or not accessible. Please let us know!
What's New in Version 2.1
- Updated UI to match Zello+ application
- Added support for Zelect channels, where new users are screened by moderators before they are allowed to join the conversation. This feature requires moderators and new users update the app
- Added option to adjust particular user's volume
- Added option to see the and free storage space occupied by voice history
- Alerts text is saved to history now
- Many bug fixes and performance improvements
- Trending channels are coming back soon!
- Fixed a bug with interruptions in Zelect channels
- Improved contacts authorization flow, added options to decline / block all, and resend contact request
- Added option to disable voice history
- Save log of users blocked in a channel history
- Improved one-to-one call flow performance (requires app update for both users)
- Improved background mode operation -- mix Zello messages with other audio when possible
- Improved VoiceOver support
- Bugfixes and stability improvements
What's New in Version 2.4
- Added option to use PTT button in toggle mode
- Added option to turn off busy mode automatically when user presses PTT button
- Auto-play channel audio profile when connecting to a channel for the first time
- New optional audio notifications when network connection lost and restored
- Show who and when blocked a user in a channel in the blocked users list
- Display notifications when somebody is unblocked in a channel
- Added Swedish translation contributed by Jonas Bohdén
- Many bugfixes and performance improvements
Zello version 2.13 is now available:
"What's New in Version 2.13
- Replaced speaker switch with iOS volume and audio device selection control
- Improved Bluetooth LE Zello Button support
- Fixed audio switching to earpiece after phone call
- Fixed a condition sometimes causing Busy status reset
- Other bug fixes"
Can anyone do a podcast on how it works? I wanto have the app, but I'm not sure if I will download this if you don't do a podcast.
So please post a comment if you do a podcast.
I'd like to hear a podcast as well. I'm feeling particularly unadventurous about getting more social networks of late, so it would be much appreciated.
There is a podcast someone did when Zello for iOS was first released, but it's probably out of date because the layout has now changed.
It now feels like a webpage.
The sound, however, remains the same.
If you only want to hear how it sounds, you can still just listen to the podcast, even if it is out of date.
Where can I find the podcast?
Hi everyone. My name is Heather, but I'm known by my friends and fans as DJ Hey. I've been a Zello user for a long time, and even created a Corstens Countdown channel for any Zello users who're fans of the Dutch trance DJ, Ferry Corsten. I'm a huge fan of him, and would love to have more people join the channel to chat with me and everyone on it about new episodes of his podcast and anything else related to him. So, if you're a fan of Ferry, like I am, and if you want to join the channel, search for Corstens Countdown in the channels section. If you're interested in adding me on Zello as a friend, search for DJHey20.
Zello Walkie Talkie, the free app on the app store that turns your iPad and iPhone into a walkie talkie, has just got an update. It has fixed a lot of bugs.
What's New in Version 3.14
- Fixed the bug causing occasional failure to reconnect after network loss
- Improved audio routes management
- Chinese localization restored for Hong Kong users
- Minor bugfixes
If you are having a better experience with this update or want to ask a question, just post a comment below.
Zello Walkie Talkie, the cool app that transforms your apple device into a walkie talkie, has got some new features!
- Supported sending voice messages from offline
You are now able to send messages on Zello offline! This also includes if your network is weak.
- Added voice messages delivery status in history
Wanna see if your friend got your message yet? Check in the history for the message's delivery status.
- Improved private voice messaging performance in poor network conditions
You're talking to one of your contacts when all of a sudden your push to talk button only makes one beep. This has been fixed.
- Display user reputation under user's profile
I haven't really figured this out, but I will edit this forum when I do.
- Display channel's top users under channel profile. Top users list is based on votes for their messages in the channel
That heading pretty much self explains it. Depends on the users that vote the most messages.
- Added support for new channel type -- Zelect+ -- where only approved users can talk and listen
Cool! Again, that heading self explains it. So try out Zelect+ and see what you think.
- Fixed talk button being unresponsive on iOS 9.3
Finally! That bug drove us crazy. I've saw a lot of forums lately about Zello being unresponsive so I'm happy this is fixed!
Basic bugfixes to make the app better.
Questions? Please post a comment below and either me or some other user will reply.
Users Reputation is a dynamic balanced result of plus and minus votes (sort of like/unlike) that a user gets in channels, plus some else parameters known only to the developers.
Every user has a certain number of daily votes available (actually 9) to vote messages or images in channels incoming from other users (nobody can to vote for himself).
Resulting values will form the channel's top users list (in channel profile) and user's reputation (in user's profile) with an algorithm result for each user in last 6 months and ever, both in the channel or in the whole platform.
So, it basically express numerically what its name says: the user's reputation in Zello according to other users evaluations during time.
I've been using Zello, since I've first used it on my iPod touch, than transfered it onto my iPhone 5s, and it rocks. me and my friend @djhey20 use the app all the time to communicate. I espcially enjoy the channels feature. it's a grate way to talk to other users around the world.
I've only used Zello for a couple of days, and so far, it's one of my favorite walkie-talkie apps. The ability to text, and have group chats would make the app even better. If anyone would like to contact me, my username is 786blaze.
Amazing app! it is one of my favorite apps for Live conversations. an update has been released for iOS 10 with responsiveness to the PTT button and other buggs fixed. I also love the ability to play messages off-line. If anyone would like to contact me, my username is djmacradio