Description of App
The comprehensive resource of thai-language.com is now available for learners of the Thai language as an app, providing instantaneous and offline access to over 60,000 high-quality Thai-English dictionary entries.
• Learn English definitions for Thai words and phrases.
• Access dictionary content currently not available in any other iOS app, all hand-crafted with learners of the Thai language in mind.
• Search using either English, ภาษาไทย (Thai) or romanized spellings (like "sawasdee" and "sawat dee").
• Get word pronunciations with any of the built-in transliteration and romanization methods.
• Learn new vocabulary by browsing categories.
• Understand how phrasal expression are composed.
• See antonyms, synonyms and alternative spellings.
• Swipe sideways to flip through the different senses of ambiguous Thai words.
• Find example uses and sentences.
• Listen to audio pronunciation (automatic text-to-speech).
• Choose to view Thai entries using traditional or modern typefaces.
Have the app automatically transliterate Thai script according to your preferences. Built-in methods include:
• kâo-něeo (Bua Luang)
• kâao nǐao (Paiboon by Benjawan P. Becker)
• khao niao (Royal Thai General System)
• ค่าว-เหฺนียว (Phonemic Thai)
• IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet)
Thai-English Dictionary from thai-language.com Support
What's New in Version 1.7.5
• Updated dictionary material from the thai-language.com editors.
• You can now choose your preferred English voice (American, British, etc).
• A problem when tapping a bookmarked phrase has been fixed.