Description of App
JW LIBRARY is an official app produced by Jehovah’s Witnesses. It includes multiple Bible translations, as well as books and brochures for Bible study.
• Choose from six Bible translations.
• Compare all available Bible versions by tapping a verse number.
• View the associated material by tapping a footnote marker or reference letter.
• Swipe left or right to quickly navigate your current publication.
• Place bookmarks at any verse or chapter to quickly resume your reading.
• Use the history feature to quickly access recently read content.
• Find words or expressions in your current publication with the search feature.
• Download books, magazines, and brochures in many languages.
• Highlight text and make notes as you study.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
The app is more accessible on the faster models, such as iPhone 6, and for those lucky enough, the iPhone 6S
What's new in version 9.0/9.1:
1. Take notes as you studdy (or prepare for a study);
2. Add tags to your notes and publications (to be experimented with, to find out accessability);
3. Search notes and tags.
Please also check out the "Original songs" section of the media tab.
2 people have recommended this app
I also recently just came across this JW Library app, and was blown away. I started studying with the Witnesses and the brothers alerted me and assisted me with this app, and I find it really easy to quickly reference scriptures and publications, as well as online streaming.
Would like to also hear from other blind Brothers and sisters either studying or baptised Witnesses, weather anywhere in the world and also South Africa.
Honestly, I cannot believe that you're studying. Well, another awesome has joined the great croud!!!. Are you baptised?
Hi there, sorry I only reply now. No not yet baptised, but heading there soon:) Ps, if you use Zello, there's also a channel where brothers and sisters can chat.
I'm a Christian, not JW but I love their dramas and bible stories. I grew up listening to the drama of Moses crossing the red seae, and so on. Can I access all this through this app? I would love to hear those dramas again!!!!! I may not agree with JW theology, but their dramas are unbeatable. Nothing compares, not even the new dramatized bibles, though they do come close. Please tell me I can get these awesome dramas through this app. I've searched all over Youtube and just can't fine them, so I really hope they are in this app somewhere! Wow!
Yes, you will definitely be able to get a lot of those dramas and videos and also monthly live broadcasts via this app. Also you can browse to jw.org and find a lot of content but as far as I have experienced you should be able to access all the audio and streaming stuff from the app.
I love this app! I am an assistive technology specialist for low vision/blind students for Sonoma County and a JW. I am currently using this app to study with a blind gentlemen. I love the ability to sync the app to a braille display through the wireless connection. Then when I look up a scripture on my iphone using the digital bible within the app he is able to read directly from the bible. The jw.org website is also 1st class when it comes to accessibility, as the articles and books are already in .brf or .doc formats to be directly downloaded to a note-taker or even right to an embosser. Already perfectly formatted. Love it!
I'm extremely glad to help you all, if you'd like to know more, and to even receive a link to a podcast about what I do, please contact me
Version What's new in version 8.0:
1. A home tab which includes daily text, favorite publications, frequently used publications, tools for the ministry, what's new and online sections;
2. A media section which contains sections where you can download audio or video content.
When you open a publication for the 1st time, it states that "Highlighting is not available when voiceover is enabled", due to the fact that sighted people can highlight sections of text.
Have a great day.
What's new in Jw Library version 11?
1. Download media from the table of contents in any publication which supports it;
2. View helpful study information in the study pane if you download the study guide;
3. More actions have been added to the voiceover rotor, including another item in the more options alert, which assists in sharing links, or .mp3 files of audio media.
To find out more, please eMail me at:
Have a great day