Description of App
The best of Google in one app. Say “OK Google” and find everything from nearby restaurants to the calories in cheesecake. Google also shows you the info that you need before you ask, like updates on your favourite teams and traffic alerts. Talk instead of type: • Say “OK Google” then ask a question* • Google will speak the answer aloud Ask Google to help you do things: “What good restaurants are there nearby?” “Remind me to call mum at 5 p.m.” Get Google Now cards and notifications: • Start your morning with weather, news & traffic • Get updates on sports, films & events More about Google Now cards: www.google.com/now * requires iPhone 4s or later
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Appears to be fully acceessible and easy to use. Its a fun little app to try for fun. Be sure to try out the "OK Google" voice command!
Developer's Twitter Username
2 people have recommended this app
The update sounds great if it were more accessible. You can do a few things but overall I find it difficult to use. There are still a lot of unlabel buttons. So it is still pretty hard to navigate around and use the app as one should be able to. It can be used if you really put a lot of effort in to it. The Voice and the Goggle are quite interesting.
What's New in Version 3.0.0
Get just the right information at just the right time with Google Now.
• weather and traffic conditions before you start your day
• updates on your favorite sports teams and breaking news stories as they happen
Find out more about all other ways Google Now can help at http://www.google.com/now
Thanks for Brandan for pointing this out of the new release. It it hadn't been a little nudge to check this out. I would have most likely have pass over this.
What can I say? This is the most impressive update I have seen to date for Google. In the previous version that when I had played with this app. It was almost consider fully inaccessible and was very difficult to make use of it. In this release. They have completely done an 180 on this app. All of the buttons are now labeled. The interface is now usable. The Voice Search is incredible. I can't believe the response time I got from this. I hate to admit to this but it is faster than Siri and better. Yowsers. Did I say that?
At this time of writing it appears to be fully accessible. So give this a try. Let us know what you think of it. Plus, let us know if there are any known issues that isn't so great with voice over.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
Google Now gets even better with:
• Notifications - Get notified when it’s time to go
• Reminders - Never forget to put out the trash
• New cards - See tickets, boarding passes, & more
• Handsfree voice - Just say “OK Google” to search*
* requires iPhone 4s or later
Notifications deliver info before you open the app:
• When to leave for your next appointment or event
• If your flight is running late
• How to catch the last train home
Ask Google to remember things for you. Just say
• “Remind me to buy coffee beans at Starbucks,” or
• “Remind me to check out the fair this weekend”
and Google will remind you at the right time or place.
You can also ask to be reminded when your favorite:
• Musicians release a new album
• TV show has a new episode
• Actors star in a new movie
• Celebrities and politicians make headlines
Just search and press the “remind me” button.
New cards organize the info you care about:
• Tickets for movies, concerts and events
• Boarding passes for your flights
• Reservation confirmations for car rentals
• Warnings when your last train home leaves
• Lists of upcoming local events
And finally, search is better than ever with:
• A redesigned and simplified homepage
• Gestures to zoom or throw away images
• One touch sign in if you use other Google apps
What's New in Version 4.0.0
With today’s update, you can ask questions with your voice & get updates on topics that you care about.
Have a smarter conversation with Google:
• Tap the microphone or say “OK Google” to start
• Ask questions such as “What’s the weather like?”
• Then follow up with “How about this weekend?”
At Google, we know the Web well. With Google Now, we’ll tell you when there’s an interesting article for:
• Your favourite topics
• Your upcoming trips
• Your favourite authors and blogs
Smaller updates include:
• Cricket sports cards in Google Now
• Faster loading of Google Search and Google Now
I saw the option within this app to turn on Google Now. If I turn on Google Now, what editional features or things will it allow me to do? I really don't know what Google Now is. So if anyone wouldn't mind explaining what Google Now is for me it would be very much appreciated! Thank you.
What's New in Version 4.1.0
Google Search is getting ready for the Football World Cup with Google Now cards that keep you updated on every match. You can tap on cards showing a match
to get details: scorers, match statistics, group standings and more.
Make sure that you are signed in to Google, and have your Google Now turned on in your settings. Swipe up to see your Google Now cards and follow your
This update includes several smaller fixes on logging in and crashes.
What's New in Version 5.0.0
Introducing the new Google app
Completely rebuilt to bring you the best of Google:
• Recents—see & return to your recently visited pages
• Google button—start a new search with just one tap
• Google Maps—explore interactive maps, nearby places, & Street View right inside the app (for iPhone)
New look and feel:
• Beautiful new Material Design animations
• Bigger photos in image search
• Looks great on the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus