Description of App
With your subscription you are helping to reach with our technology, to people with visual impairment in the most vulnerable conditions.
Vision uses Artificial Intelligence in real time to identify objects, money, colors, approximate distances, read text and more; all through your phone's camera. It's optimized for working with VoiceOver in 35 languages. First, please verify that your phone is not muted. Then, when you choose one feature, move the camera slowly in some directions to scan your surroundings. Vision has 7 features:
- Objects: Phone will detect one or more simultaneous objects and their position (at the same time), and say you about it.
- Read: The app will read text in real-time from camera image, you can also take a photo, or chose one from the camera roll. Any text will be read for you.
- Money: The app will identify United States Dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen, South Korean Won, Turkish Lira, United Kingdom Pound Sterling, New Taiwan Dollar, Chinese Yuan, Brazilian Real, Swiss Franc, Russian Ruble, Mexican Peso, Chilean Peso, Malaysian Ringgit, Hong Kong Dollar, Thai Baht, Canadian Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Indonesian Rupiah, Australian Dollar, Indian Rupee, Argentine Peso, Colombian Peso, Qatari Riyal.
- Explore: Find places of your interest in the search bar and phone will help you for navigate to them. This feature requires Internet. To verify navigation availability in your country please visit:
- Colors: Phone will identify color by taking a photo, or from your camera roll images.
- Distance: Phone will vibrate according to distance measurement, stronger vibration means shorter distance. Activate VoiceOver if you want to hear the distance in meters.
- Places: the application will detect places and scenes such as crosswalk zones, fire escapes, parking lots and more.
For the best experience, we suggest to use an iPhone 8 or newer.
Vision has subscription plans, where users can experience all features of the app, with no interruptions and support our development work. Please note the prices may vary depending of the country and are subject to change in the future.
Payment will be charged to Apple ID Account at the confirmation of purchase. All subscription plans automatically renew unless auto-renew it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. The account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
From the name of the app to why one should get a subscription, this is very ablest.
1. For those who are comfortable and successful with their blindness, the name of the app makes it sound like it's providing "vision for blind people". Sometimes blind people have way more vision than sighted people with greater access to lookup relevant and meaningful information.
2. The description makes it sound like this is a tug on emotional string pity feel sorry for visual impaired vulnerable conditions people donation charity feeling. Not all blind people require external assistance, but are successful, independent, and have more than sighted people.
This is just the way it is...
I nearly wet myself every time I see the modestly named Orcam MyEye mentioned!