Speech Central: Voice Reader
Description of App
With over 10,000 licenses sold and consistent ratings above 4 stars Speech Central is one of the leading global text-to-speech brands. It was nominated for the best iOS accessible app in 2020 and 2017 on AppleVis, the leading authority in the field of accessibility on Apple devices.
appPicker: "... is a game-changer, and is slowly transforming my life..."
The app implements state of the art features for voice readers:
◦ The best in class support for the web sites / news reading.
- listen to the all web pages - both articles and headlines (first ever) supported
- RSS feeds
- import from any app that can share a link like Safari or Twitter
- open articles from headline pages
- sync articles with Pocket
◦ The widest support for documents/office and e-book formats
◦ Knowledge and text annotation tools built-in
◦ Export the text with annotations to .docx format
◦ Sync playlist items across Apple devices including with the macOS app and the current position in the text.
◦ The app is tested to be accessible with VoiceOver by legally blind users.
◦ Functions of audio buttons can be customized for high productivity and accessibility. The widest selection of tools to control the speed and position of how the text is read aloud.
◦ The app can be used with any of 27 languages that have text-to-speech support on iOS with automatic language detection from the content.
◦ OCR function to import the text from the camera or from the scanned PDF
◦ create and export audio files
◦ your data stays truly private, we collect only analytics data with no identifiable reference to the user or imported content even when syncing is enabled
By moving your reading activities to commuting, walking, running, doing the housework or another activity you can save an hour each day. You'll also save eyes for better things while having your battery and data plan last significantly longer. Keeping the screen off grants that you won't get into the internet addiction and waste your time on unwanted things, and thus it can also help people with ADHD. As a bonus, even if your internet connection is unstable you won't notice any interruptions.
The app can be used as an assistive technology and helper for people with visual impairments and disabilities like dyslexia (dyslexia friendly font is included in the app).
Supported document types are: PDF (including scanned documents), Microsoft Word (.docx), Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx), OpenOffice/LibreOffice (.odt, .odp), .html, .mhtml, .webarchive, .txt, .rtf, supported ebook formats are .epub, DAISY and .fb2 and emails in .eml format. All those formats will work only if a document has no DRM.
Latest iOS features including Dark mode, Siri Shortcuts, the latest visual style, drag and drop, Spotlight Search, Dynamic Type are fully supported.
Get the app now and enjoy the most convenient text to audio!
- The free version has a daily limitation in the number of articles that you can add to it which is removed by purchasing the Pro add-on.
- Some features are available only on the latest version of iOS.
- The Pro-Add is valid for iOS platform. Other platforms have separate licenses.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
The application is very intuitive to use. VoiceOver has no issues reading all application content.
The developer is very friendly and is open to accessibility improvements. Personally, I found it to be an excellent RSS reader, and I recommend it over more expensive book readers, especially if you are looking for a less expensive alternative.
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app
What TTS voices does it use? Are they any good?
It uses whatever voice your system has.
Hope this helps!
Thanks for the response.