Description of App
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
2 people have recommended this app
• Stunning new user interface designed to match iOS 7
• Over 60 Apple-designed templates
• Your most important text formatting options are right in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Pages for iCloud beta
• Turn your documents into ebooks by exporting to ePub
• New unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web makes documents work seamlessly everywhere
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
• Pages is now available in Arabic and Hebrew
• Improved support for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
I just got this app not too long ago, and it really works great. My only problem is that every time I type using my blue tooth keyboard, VoiceOver reads everything I've typed, and it starts back at the beginning of the document every I type a character. VoiceOver does this even though I've selected "Nothing" in Settings. I have noticed that whenever I use the onscreen keyboard, VoiceOver acts as it should. Does anyone have any solutions, besides turning VoiceOver off? I've had to do that whenever I use this keyboard in Pages becaaause VoiceOver's constant chatter is distracting.
Why not jut mute speach wiht a 3 finger double tap or vo s?
Thank you for your excellent suggestion. I am learning to value the AppleVis community very highly.
Thanks again. Debbie
Another option is to turn off quick nav by pressing left and right arrows at the same time. I do this all of the time when typing in text fields such as websites, pages on the Mac, email, and Keynote. It makes editing easier to deal with, and makes the look and feel similar to JAWS for Windows.
Thanks. I try and learn all blue tooth shortcuts and teach and train people how to do things with miniul effort after they learn the longer way. Sorryabout typos.I was getting ready to go on along plain trip.
Pages now has dropbox support with ios8. You can share files too and from dropbox in both the pages and dropbox apps.
The app also seems significantly easier to use than before.
I hadn't tested it out in quite a while, but I remember it being somewhat of a mess.
Though I can't remember exactly what all was wrong with it before, I do know that, at least to me, it seems a lot easier to use now.
This app might be worth some reexamination now that ios 8 is here.
One thing I have noticed is that a word that may be spelled incorrectly is not marked as incorrect. Auto correct works fine, but that does not apply when using a Bluetooth keyboard.
For example, when going through a document and listening to the words written, nothing is marked as misspelled. Auto correct does not catch everything as well. Also, as I said, from my experience, using a Bluetooth keyboard, the auto correct feature is nullified anyway.
Just in case, I am referring to the ios version of Pages
Contact apple accessibility about this. Maybe see what they say?
Yeah, I've noticed that too.
Wonder if there's any kind of workaround for it?
Pages 2.5 is now available, and it includes accessibility improvements:
"What's New in Version 2.5
• Support for iCloud Drive
• Support for third-party storage providers
• Updated file format makes it easier to send documents via services like Gmail and Dropbox
• Instantly switch between iPad, Mac, and iPhone with Handoff
• More color options including new custom color mixer on iPad
• Use the color picker to sample and apply any color available in your document
• Take photos and videos right from the app
• Insert inline images in tables, headers, and footers
• Inter-table alignment guides
• Column and row labels in tables
• Usability improvements for resizing and positioning charts
• Improved accessibility
• Improved bi-directional language support
• Export ePub files with video"
Pages version 2.5.4 is now available, and it includes an accessibility fix for VoiceOver users:
What's New in Version 2.5.4
- Resolves an issue that prevented proper navigation and editing with VoiceOver
- Resolves an issue where turning on Speak Screen blurred text on some devices
I need to zoom so I can see what I am typing. So when enlargement is on, Pages does not track on the cursor so I quickly can no longer see what is being typed. I have an Ipad pro but I tested other kinds of ipads in an Apple store and the tracking did not work on them either. I hope that Apple addresses this issue soon. Does anyone know a way around this? - Thanks (I am using version 2.6.2)
Is VO now able to announce headings and other formattings in written text?