Our Groceries Shopping List
Description of App
The easiest way to manage your family’s grocery shopping—and it’s FREE!
OurGroceries automatically keeps your family’s grocery list up to date with the latest changes—on every family member’s mobile phone, and our website. Nearly out of milk? Add it now on your phone and your partner can pick it up on their next shopping trip.
Every change to your shared shopping list is visible within seconds on any other iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or other smartphone grouped with yours. See items being checked off as your partner shops!
You can also keep track of the key ingredients in your favorite recipes and add them all at once to your shopping list.
• Take your shopping lists with you wherever you go.
• Share shopping lists amongst everyone in your household. Simply enter the same email address into each copy of the OurGroceries app.
• Add items quickly: on-the-fly completion searches prior shopping list items as you type.
• Cross items off the shopping list with a single tap.
• Create as many separate shopping lists as you wish, or keep it simple and just use one.
• Organize your items by category or aisle to make shopping faster and easier.
• Add a photo to an item to make sure your partner gets exactly the right one. (Premium version only.)
• Browse your favorite meal ideas anytime, anywhere.
• Add all the ingredients for a recipe to your shopping list with a single tap.
• All your items, lists, and recipes are automatically backed up onto the Internet. Upgrade, replace, or reformat your phone without worrying about losing your data.
• See and edit your lists and recipes from any desktop web browser.
• Versions available for other popular mobile phones too, in case your partner doesn't have an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
Visit http://www.ourgroceries.com for more information.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This is the most accessible app for sharing a shopping list that I've found. It works great and everything is very accessible.
I use this app to share shopping lists with my mom and we can either use the app or the website to create and edit lists, and the changes appear on everyone's phone instantly. I haven't used the website extensively but so far it seems accessible too. I've created different lists for different stores, and also organized the items by category. This would also be a useful app for to do lists, chores, Christmas lists, etc. To cross an item off your list, just double tap it and it then moves to a section at the bottom. You can double tap the item again and it will move from the crossed out section back to your main list.
Developer's Twitter Username
2 people have recommended this app
I'm going to try this with my husband. Thanks for adding this. I hope it works well. :)
I was happy with this app on my IPhone, but the website accessibility is great too. It becomes so much more than just an app for shopping lists!
The recipe feature turns this list app into a mobile cookbook. It's so simple! Once you add ingredients to a recipe and save it, all you have to do is add that recipe to your shopping list and all the ingredients are added to your list at once. I also realized that you could use the notes section within each recipe to add the preparation instructions, so that you not only have a great app for shopping lists, but also a personal cookbook.
Thanks for sharing this. I haven't played around with the recipe feature much yet so I didn't know how well it worked. Awesome!
"• Add a photo to an item to make sure your partner gets exactly the right one. (Premium version only.)"
yes, add a photo to the item, that's exactly what i need, but it requires in-app purchase. so before i buy it, has any of you use the add photo feature? how VO friendly is it? thanks.