Description of App
The Office app combines the Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps you know and rely on with new capabilities that harness the unique strengths of a phone to create a simpler, yet more powerful Office experience on the go.
Whether using it for personal or professional reasons, the Office app is designed to be your go-to app for getting work done on a mobile device.
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint combined in one app:
• The most widely used tools for working with documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, all from a single app.
• Create, edit, and work together on Office documents with others in real-time.
• Use templates to easily get started with your resume, budget, presentations, and other documents.
• Easily store, access and search for Word, Excel, PowerPoint files stored in your personal cloud storage, on your device, or across your organization (if using a work account).
Uniquely mobile ways that make document creation easier:
• Snap a picture of a document and turn it into an editable Word file with the press of a button.
• Transform a picture of a table into an Excel spreadsheet so you can work with the data.
• Let PowerPoint help you design a presentation by simply selecting the pictures you want to use from your phone.
• Create automatically enhanced digital images of whiteboards and documents with Office Lens features integrated into the app.
Quickly perform common mobile tasks with built-in Actions:
• Instantly create PDFs from photos or Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
• Easily transfer files between your phone and computer.
• Sign PDFs using your finger.
• Quickly jot down ideas and notes with Sticky Notes.
• Scan QR codes to open links.
Anyone can download the Office app for free and start using it right away. Access and save documents to the cloud by connecting with a Microsoft Account (for OneDrive or SharePoint) or by connecting to a third-party cloud storage provider. Logging in with a personal, work, or school Microsoft Account connected to an Office 365 subscription will unlock premium features within the app.
Subscription & Privacy Disclaimer
Unlock the full Microsoft Office experience with a qualifying Office 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC and Mac.
Monthly Office 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your App Store account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand. You can manage your subscriptions in your App Store account settings.
This app is provided by either Microsoft or a third-party app publisher and is subject to a separate privacy statement and terms and conditions. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft or the third-party app publisher, as applicable, and transferred to, stored and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or the app publisher and their affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Please refer to the Microsoft Software License Terms for Microsoft Office. See “License Agreement” link under Information. By installing the app, you agree to these terms and conditions.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Microsoft has a pretty good record in making their apps very accessible and easy to use. Although, this app is grouped with lots of features, but I have not been able to test the app entirely. The sections that I have used and worked with are very accessible. Please leave any comments below if you found anything that is not accessible, and I'll make the proper changes to the accessibility rating on this entry.
I really like how they created this unique app. Using my existing Office 365 along with my OneDrive account makes this very compelling to use. I feel like that it was designed well along with offering so many features packed in to one single app. It feels like a little desktop on the go.
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app
I have and iPhone XR and use a blue tooth Logitech keyboard with the MS Word app.
For over a year now I have complained to various Microsoft entities via the web, twitter, and the accessibility help desk, about a bug with the MS Word app that makes this very frustrating and error prone to use.
Specifically, when trying to highlight or select text using the Option+Arrow keys, the text is selected, but VoiceOver does not speak the selected text. This hotkey combination works in all other edit fields in all other apps. The problem only occurs when editing a document in the Word app.
This makes it virtually impossible to use reliably.
Hoepfully others will also report this problem to Microsoft and they might finally do something about it.
--pete - Very disappointed in this app when using VO