Launcher with Multiple Widgets
Description of App
Launcher is the original app launching widget -- and still the best!
Now with version 2.0, Launcher has far and away the most powerful widgets on the App Store. When you install it, you get up to 6 widgets (with in-app purchase) which can be added to Notification Center on your iPhone or iPad so that they're always just one swipe away!
Top 10 Productivity App in over 80 countries and counting!
"It belongs on everyone’s iDevice for one-swipe access to favorites" - AppAdvice.com
"One of the most flexible widgets out there." - Gizmodo.com
"It will speed up your iOS usage in a real way." - Tidbits.com
"One of the best time-saving apps out there." - BusinessInsider.com
Why worry about what apps to put in your dock or your home screen when you can put dozens of app, web, music and contact launchers in your Launcher widgets? Unlike the dock or home screen, Notification Center can always be accessed with one swipe even if you're in an app, an app folder or even the lock screen.
With just one tap in the Notification Center you can:
- Call, message, email, and facetime the people you contact the most.
- Get directions home or search for nearby restaurants, coffee shops, or whatever you're looking for at your current location.
- Quickly access your favorite web sites.
- Perform actions within a number of apps. Run Workflows, load a specific page on Facebook, fire off a canned email or message, tweet, and more.
- See current weather conditions and forecasts, Uber time estimates, driving or transit time estimates, world clocks, and network, disk, and battery status with dynamically updating magic launchers! (Pro Version only)
- Start playing your favorite music immediately with music launchers.
- Launch your most frequently used apps -- thousands of apps built-in. (NOTE: Not all apps on your device are supported, see the NOTE below)
- Backup and restore launchers to and from iCloud.
- Innovative auto-setup of launchers which will set up contact launchers for the people most important to you and your most frequently used apps.
- Incredibly easy setup and editing of launchers. Just a few taps and you're done.
- Many different icon choices so that you can configure each launcher just how you like it or create your own.
- Ability to create custom launchers for apps and actions that aren't yet supported.
- Pro Version users get the ability to change the icon sizes and hide labels to make widget more compact.
- Choose up to four launchers to set as 3D-touch home screen quick actions for iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.
All of this is available for free!
Unlock up to 6 total widgets (with an in-app purchase) for more space for launchers, better organization, and the ability to show or hide widgets based on day, time and/or location. Set up specific widgets for morning, weekends, home, work, the gym or anything you can come up with and always have relevant launchers just a swipe away. Multiple widgets are not available on iPhone 4S.
Upgrade to the Pro Version (with an in-app purchase) to enable more rows of launchers and customize the size of each widget by changing the size of the icons and/or hiding the labels.
Please support further development on the app by unlocking Multiple Widgets or the Pro Version today.
* NOTE: Launcher cannot support launching of every app you have installed. Only certain apps that can be launched by third party apps are supported. We strive to keep our list of launchable apps as complete as possible and we're adding new apps every week. If you have any apps that aren't currently supported by Launcher now, please fill in the following form and we will look into it:
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact us either in the app in Settings -> Feedback or at our feedback page at http://al.cromulentlabs.com/feedback/
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
AppleVis Editorial Team Note:
As of version 1.2, this app is very accessible, with VoiceOver users able to move and delete launchers. Hints for each launcher detail the process. AppleVis was unable to test the initial screen for increased accessibility, however. Therefore, the accessibility rating has changed for this app. If you feel that the rating is incorrect, please leave a Comment below so that we may be able to update this entry.
Original Postor Notes:
This is nearly there, but has a few issues right now.
The first is that the introduction screens shown when running the app for the first time are somewhat confusing. Fortunately, not to the extent that you can’t figure things out and get to the actual app itself.
However, there are a couple of problems which are more significant. The worst of these is that you cannot delete a launcher. It appears that the method is the same as if you were deleting an app from your Home screen, but in this case is not accessible with VoiceOver. I had to get a sighted friend to removed unwanted launchers.
On this same screen - where you create and manage launchers - VoiceOver provides no feedback when rearranging launcher icons. Again, the method (drag and drop) is similar to what you will have seen when rearranging apps in the Home screen. In this case, you will have to rely on trial and error until you get the icon where you want it.
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app
What's New in Version 1.2
- Added search to main app launcher list and search/indexing to all launchable apps list
- Landscape now supported on iPad
- Added new option to share launcher screenshot
- New Message Someone options for group messages and canned subject and body
- Launchers now more tappable in the widget, especially the small size
- Added location button to map direction launchers
- Speed/memory improvements in the widget
- Improved Accessibility
- Various bug/crash fixes
I have to say that this app is awsome. I've just been using it now for less then 24 hours and i find myself very productive. Thre are some issues but I'm sur they will get worked out.
Well, subject really says it all, there are app launchers, web launchers, contact launchers and then there are custom launchers. When i open a custom launcher, i have a text field for its name and a field for what looks to me like a web address, at least it says "url" in the label. But there's already a web launcher so what exactly does a custom launcher do? What am i supposed to type in the fields? If web- and Custom launchers are similar, why is there a need for both? And last but not least, what obvious thing have i missed?
I have been involved in the Beta testing of Launcher and can confirm that it is easy to use and is fully accessible with VoiceOver. The buttons are labeled with meaningful prompts and hints.
This new version of Launcher allows one to create and organize launchers of many types including; apps, contacts, web pages, music playlists and many other useful links. They are all available in the Notification Center widgets and are quickly accessed by opening the Notification Center.