Google Calendar: Get Organized
Description of App
Get the official Google Calendar app for your iPhone to save time and make the most of every day.
● A new Schedule View – See your schedule at a glance with photos and maps of the places you're going to.
● Events from Gmail – Flights, hotel bookings, concerts, restaurant reservations and more are added to your calendar automatically.
● Assistance with filling in your calendar – You can quickly create events with smart suggestions for event titles, places and people.
● Different ways of viewing your calendar – Quickly switch between viewing a single day to getting an overview of multiple days at once.
● All of your calendars in one convenient place – Google Calendar works with all calendars on your phone, including Exchange and iCloud.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This appears to be fully accessible with VoiceOver and very easy to use. If it continues like this, it might well replace the native calendar as my calendar of choice for iOS.
2 people have recommended this app
It would be nice if you simply told us here what problems there are with this app, rather than try to drive traffic to your own site.
It's in the show notes but to put in a nut shell,
- The view refreshes when trying to flick left and right
- the text does not echo when adding an event
- the settings screen when trying to add a calendar, headings disappear after you go back
- There is no way to switch to a calendar like view like where the days are looking like a calendar. they seem like in a week view to me.
I think there were some other issues but go to my show notes to find out what they are as I can't remember them off the top of my head. The app has potential but it's those things that make me not want to use the app. I might continue though we'll see what happens in the long run.
I started using Google calendar yesterday, simply because I needed something easy to share with some co-workers.
I have two main issues, and wonder if there is a cure for them.
1, the schedule view does not let you scroll through events. Instead, it seems to scroll week by week and you have to keep swiping until you find your next event, which is rather time consuming.
2, when adding an event, the date selector does not behave as you would expect. You can't simply double tap and hold and then do a big swipe up and let it scroll by itself. All you can do is swipe day by day. Imagine if your event is scheduled two months away from now.
So I think I might give it up. Anything else easy to share as a calendar?
When using Google calendar on an iPhone, I can figure out how to get notifications for existing events but is there any way to get a notification when somebody invites you to a meeting? I did not get an email notification. The stock calendar in iOS has an invitations tab. Does Google calendar have anything similar?
Is anyone else experiencing trouble using the time pickers on the latest version of google calendar? you have to type in numbers now instead of swiping to select times, and the focus issues are terrible. this started happening to me today.