Description of App:
As described in the iTunes Store:
Designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
Version 2.0 for iOS4 - Background Downloads, Dropbox integration, and More
Get your files anywhere!
Filer is a unique application for iOS devices that lets you manage, view, and share your files. You can get your files on the go when you do have a network connection, and view them when you don't.
- Clean UI with full featured File/Folder browser
- Save files from other iOS apps - Use Filer to extract ZIP/RAR/TAR/Gzip Archives from any app that makes them available
- Open files into other apps like iBooks, Pages, Numbers, Keynote.
- Full-screen Quick-Look
- Document Viewer features Page controls and quick slider
- Enhanced media playback
- iTunes USB File Sharing: Quickly drag and drop files between your device and Mac/PC
- Save Photos to Device Photo Album
- Move/Delete Multiple Files/Folders at once
- iOS4 Fast App Switching
- Background Compress and Extraction
- Uploads/Downloads continue in the background
- App Badge shows transfer count
- Connect a Dropbox account and upload/download/manage files
- Dropbox files behave like other files
- Extract RAR, ZIP, TAR, and Gzip Archives.
- Extract Password-protected RAR and ZIP Archives
- Extracts multi-part RAR Archives
- Compress Files/Folders to ZIP
- Download and save files to your device
- Monitor/Manage downloads in graphical queue with progress, speed, and time remaining
- Pause/Resume downloads, quit/relaunch the app and resume
- Auto-Download Option
- Smart Download to handle complex redirects
- Download Mode to Download any link you tap
- Fully featured Bookmark and Bookmarklet function
- HTTP Authentication Support
- Viewing of all document/media types viewable by iOS
- Scroll Bar to quickly jump anywhere in long documents
- Documents, audio, and video files remember where you left off
- Photo Slideshows
- Source Code color-coding
- Email files from Filer (Under 15MB)
- Save Photos/Videos to Device photo album where other apps can use them
- Web Sharing, optimized for Downloading
- FTP Sharing
- iTunes USB Sharing
- Dropbox upload and download
- Bookmarklet for Safari lets you launch Filer with the current page address
- Integrated help files
- Passcode Lock to protect your data
- Integrated access to support site
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
AppleVis Editor Note: this app was submitted before Usability Ratings were introduced, so one has been chosen on the basis of the accessibility comments made by the original poster. If you have used this app, please post a comment to let us know if you agree with the Rating.
Original Comments: It works very, very well. You can do anything another sighted user could.