Description of App:
Eye-D is here to assit the visually imapired in independent living by helping them evaluate the world around them with help of their smartphone.
It will work as your companion when you travel, help you explore places, tell yiu about the objects in front of you and read text whenever you need.
This is what we have built for you:
• Where Am I: Be it the busiest suburbs of Mumbai or the loneliest roads of Siberia, whether you are a common man or zombie, Eye-D will make sure that you are never lost. Tap on “Where Am I” and let the magic happen. You get to know your location with a list of landmarks nearby. Found any of the landmark interesting? Then why wait tap the preferred landmark and Eye-D guides you to it with directions (currently by opening Apple/ Google maps for navigation).
• Around Me: Stuck in an alien town? Calm down, fire the Eye-D app and select “Around Me”. Bingo!! You can now find ATM’s, Banks, Bus stops, Cinemas, Restaurants, Hospitals, Stores and even the Religious places nearby. Select the desired category and navigate to the preferred place. To ensure that you never miss out a place we have provided a search radius controller. So the next time you don’t find a relevant place nearby try adjusting the search radius to anything in the range of 500 to 5500 meters.
What? Still in that alien town? Come-on find the nearest bus stop and head out.
• See Object: I’m facing the gate… No the lemon tree…. No the bike, Easy pal!! Use the See Object mode in the Eye-D app to evaluate your surroundings. Click on this mode, take a picture and Eye-D app will tell you what’s in front. So the next time you are standing at the window use the See Object mode to check what’s happening on the other side. In case you missed the description the first time simply swipe right to hear again.
• Read Text: We designed this feature so that next time your visit a restaurant or want to get a novel for you friend you won’t have to ask anyone for help. Open read text mode, click a picture and Eye-D app will read the text in front you. You can swipe right to hear the text again in case you missed it the first time.
• Contact Us: Love the app? Have a suggestion for the team? Found a bug? Please use this mode to talk to us. We would love to hear from you.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
This is very accessible and easy to use. As mentioned in the description. This is made for the visually impaired community.
Reminds me a bit like Around Me with the option to see what is near me. I can then select to open the Google Map to take me to that location. It also includes the ability to read text. The text recognition works alright but I noticed that it doesn't read menus with columns very well. So, a single column of text is ideal for using this feature. Object recognition is unique as it will give more details than what I've seen with other apps with the similar feature. It's completely free to use. Note that on the top left corner is the Navigation Drawer. When one double tap on this. It will slide out a menu. So, doing a double tap again it will close the drawer. Essentially you are not taken to a separate page but merely a menu slides out and one will notice that the features like Around Me etc. are below this menu. Overall, its average.