Description of App
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your iPhone and iPad.
Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Search for text inside all your documents
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Premium feature: Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram and Evernote
Blog publishing — Premium only1
Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram blogs and Evernote notebooks from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
- Write something in Byword
- Open Tools and select Publish
- Confirm title, tags, categories, etc.
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bywordapp Email: email@example.com Web: http://bywordapp.com
Requires a one-time in-app purchase for all your iOS devices. Premium on Mac requires a separate one-time purchase. ↩︎
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
1 people have recommended this app
There are several accessible markdown editors, and this is one of them. It also allows for fluid moving between IOS and OS X while editing a document, if you have both app versions.
I purchased it but never found it useful, nor any of its brethren. It lacks search functionality within a document and the markdown support doesn't really help, since I can't navigate the document using markdown elements like headings while editing--only in the document preview. There used to be an accessibility barrier getting to many of the special markdown features, which required a swipe left on a bar containing information like word count. The dev recognized that Voiceover users couldn't use it, so it seemed to be removed in favor of just the special characters and no way to get word count etc. after that. I deleted the app, so don't know how things stand now with it. But all the editors I've tried boil down to simple text-edit fields if they're going to be accessible (the ones that provide richer formatting will not be accessible without a lot of accessibility work under the hood): and that by necessity means that there's very limited ability to do what one can do in a desktop word processor. AFB's Access Note is the only exception I've come across. I continue to look for a way to use MarkDown successfully as a cross-platform simplified MS Word alternative, but it's not gone that well so far