Alarmed ~ Reminders + Timers
Description of App
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
8 people have recommended this app
I see that version 2 of this app has just been released. It has now gone free, but there is mention of in-app purchases.
Here are the release notes from the iTunes Store:
This is a MAJOR update with many new features & enhancements. It is now a universal app with full iPad support! There are so many changes that a detailed list is not practical (see below for some highlights). Try it out, enjoy, and use the "In-App Mail" button to contact me if you have any comments or questions.
- Now a Universal App with full support for the iPad.
- DayMinders (Extras Package) is a super-cool feature which allows you to repeat reminders at frequent intervals for a specified length of time. As in start at 9:00, repeat every 45 minutes and keep doing so for 8 hours. There are many exciting uses for DayMinders!
- A drop-down panel for reminders allows easy access for snoozing, viewing notes, etc.
- Added a "Repeat Until" option
- Reminders that are past due now stay in the Active section until marked done.
- Timers have many enhancements, including seconds, pause / resume and countup timers.
- Wake-up alarms and sleep timers have been moved into separate sections.
- You can now have multiple wake-up alarms active at once and they can be set to repeat on certain days.
- Added a flashlight (Extras Package) to the full screen wake-up panel. Double-tap on and off.
- Many, many small tweaks and bug fixes.
This app is accessible. All the buttons for the alarms work well when using VoiceOver. You can set reminders, timers and wakeup alarms. You can use your iTunes music as an alarm as well.
When you first open the app, and start looking around, you will find that it is very easy to get through, and you don't have a fear of getting lost with in the app like a mouse gets lost in a maze.
The developer of this app is very quick to respond to concerns/questions that you may have for him, and responds with in less than 24 hours. He is very polite, nice, respectful, and knows what he is doing when it comes to developing applications! He has a reverse policy instead of making you pay for a full version app, or leaving out some features in the free app, and littering it with advertisements, he doesn't the other way around. You get the full version app for free, no ads, and if you like the app, or just wanted to pay to support his efforts, then you may do so by purchasing the premium app. In this app, there are some extra features that you get when you pay for the premium. However, this is optional, and since the free app is already the full version, you do not need these extras. However, if you want them, they are great to have. I give this app developer a thumbs up and a five star rating in the App Store! :-)
The latest version of Alarmed, 3.0 released January 11, 2012, announces these changes:
- Alarmed now requires iOS 5.0 or higher.
- Removed Wake-Up section (use Yocto Alarm Clock as a replacement; full details on yoctoville.com).
- New ~ Use Siri to create reminders and import from the Reminders app into Alarmed.
- New ~ iCloud syncing among multiple iOS devices (Extras Pack)
- New ~ Support for 4" Retina displays (iPhone 5 & iPod touch 5th generation).
- New ~ Action menu for reminders. Allows you to complete, duplicate, mail and/or message a reminder.
- New ~ Complete All button on the Past section header for reminders.
- Plus a metric ton of smaller enhancements, tweaks and bug fixes.
The removal of Wake-Up alarms is a major change. If you use this feature you may want to proceed with caution with regard to this update. The explanation for this change listed on the developer's web site is pasted in below:
Why Were Wake-Up Alarms Removed?
Longtime users of Alarmed appreciated it for being a fantastic all-in-one solution. It supported full-featured reminders, timers, wake-up alarms and sleep timers. However, as the app grew and matured, it started becoming too bulky and was trying to do too many things. I found it increasingly hard to fine-tune existing features as well as to add new new functionality.
So, after much thought and consideration, Alarmed is now focused solely on reminders and timers.
The replacement? Please check out my new app, Yocto Alarm Clock. It is completely free with no ads and is quite awesome :)