USA TODAY - News: Personalized
Description of App
* Winner of the 2014 Webby for Best News App (Tablet & All Other Devices)
All the USA TODAY content you love in a sleek new design, updated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on your iPhone and iPod Touch.
Did you know you can:
- Manage your Breaking News alerts by section (News, Sports, Life, Money, or Tech) in your iPhone/iPod Touch’s Settings > Notifications menu
- Add Weather locations by tapping the ‘Info’ button
- Change your background color and font size in Settings > Article Display Options
- Download stories for Offline Reading in Settings > Offline Mode
- If you are running an older iOS, we offer the last compatible version of the USA TODAY app in App Store App Store (iOS5 and lower)
This app features:
- Simple, unified drop-down navigation. Easily move between articles in a section with a swipe gesture.
Headlines and Breaking News
- Browse and read stories from News, Money, Sports, Life, Tech and Travel. Watch related videos, enlarge images and share stories via Facebook, Twitter,
email or text message. Get notified of breaking news via a breaking news banner in News and by subscribing to push notifications.
- Review the latest sports scores for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, college football and college basketball. Filter college scores down to your favorite conferences.
- Flip through the day’s best photos from news, sports and celebrities. Check out the latest editorial cartoons from around the country. Share your favorite
photo galleries with friends.
- Get live weather conditions and the five-day forecast for your favorite locations. Pinch and zoom your interactive weather radar map (radar for U.S.
- Scan through USA TODAY Snapshots, vote on the related poll questions and review responses from other users by filtering the results down to your current
state and city (U.S. cities only).
- Upload your videos and photos inside the USA TODAY app and share them instantly with the nation. Also, check out the Featured section in Your Take and
see a stream of videos and photos from contributors across the USA.
Please contact us anytime with feedback or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This is a very simple and easy to use and appears to be very VoiceOver friendly. I have not seen any issue with it.
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app
Unfortunetly, the existing problems with the articles sill persist in this new update. In some ways I find it a bit more harder to read. Now when I flick to the left and right to read the article at times I will get a click sound with no results. I have to tap on the screen to continue reading in the article. It is like you have to swipe up to be able to read on.
That is a shame. I can only hope that this issue will be fixed in upcoming releases.
However, at least they are up to IOS 6 and iPhone 5 compatible! ;)
What's New in Version 184.108.40.206
* Full support for iOS 6 and iPhone 5 screen size compatibility
* Bug fixes and stability improvements
I updated to the May 12 version on my iPhone last night. When I open an article, it seems that nothing but the title is available to VoiceOver. Anyone else try this?
I agree that USA Today is totally inacccissible with voiceover now.
Has anyone contacted the publisher? I have sent messages to them in the past and never got a response.
Yes, I can confirm that on my iPhone 5S running IOS 7.1.1 I am unable to use VO to access the body text of most articles in the May 12, 2014 version 2.5.0 of the USA Today App. I've submitted a bug report via email. If you haven't already done so, you can submit a bug report from within the app by going to Section Menu / Article Settings / Email Support / Bug Report.
What's New in Version 2.6.0:
Apple Watch improvements.
VoiceOver fix for articles.
Improved Facebook sharing stability.