PressReader: News & Magazines
Description of App
Over 2,000 full-content newspapers from 95 countries in 51 languages in just one app!
Now available with its brand new and pioneering horizontal news reading functionality, SmartFlow, PressReader 3.0 takes newspaper and magazine reading to a whole new level.
“The PressReader app from NewspaperDirect is second-to-none for newspaper reading.” Gregg Ellman, Technology Columnist for McClatchy/Tribune
“PressReader offers a more traditional newspaper-reading experience than any other iPad app.” Rick Broida, C NET
If you’re looking for the ultimate reading experience for your favorite newspapers, then you have to try PressReader 3.0. With its new SmartFlow content presentation design, PressReader is without a doubt the most engaging, feature-rich and entertaining news reading application you’ll ever use.
Browse and read full digital replicas of thousands of newspapers from 95 countries just like you would in print.
Or journey through the attention-grabbing SmartFlow stream of articles where visual clues will not only enhance your reading experience, they will reveal new gems of content you’ll be delighted to discover.
Compatible with iOS 5, PressReader 3.0 is rich with features, including:
- Auto-delivery of your favorite publications (image 1)
- Attention-grabbing SmartFlow stream (image 2)
- Press and hold to activate a new article menu of advanced digital features (image 3):
- Print full pages or articles
- Share stories by email or on Facebook or Twitter
- Listen to articles using Newspaper Radio
- Copy & paste entire articles into note taking applications
- Share your opinion by supporting or opposing a story
- Switch between Full Page and SmartFlow views (image 4)
- Two Finger Pinch to adjust font size (image 5)
- Optional SmartZoom in Page view to align with the beginning of an article
- Cross title search
- Authorization of PressReader with a PressDisplay.com subscription
What’s new in 3.0:
- Compatible with iOS 5
- New SmartFlow* content presentation design, fully integrated with the graphical page view (iPad only)
- Press and Hold features
- Copy & paste articles into note taking applications
- Support for auto-delivery push notification
- Improved localization for French, Spanish, German and Russian languages
- Various performance and stability improvements.
*Smart Flow can be enabled or disabled in PressReader’s Setting menu (Defaults to ON for iPad 2s and OFF for original iPads).
For up-to-date news on PressReader & PressDisplay.com, don’t forget to:
Follow us on Twitter: @PressDisplay
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PressReader
Watch us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pressdisplay
Connect with us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/newspaperdirect
Subscribe to our blog: http://blog.pressdisplay.com/
Download PressReader today and receive 7 issues for FREE!
- Subscriptions are available on a monthly basis at a cost of $34.99
- Subscription payment is charged to a user’s iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- (Optional) Monthly subscriptions will auto-renew unless the feature is set to off at least 24 hours before the current subscription period ends
- Renewals will be charged to your iTunes account 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period
- (Optional) Auto-renewals may be turned off by navigating to your account settings after subscription purchase
- Subscription cancellation is unavailable during an active subscription period
- Terms of Service: http://www.pressdisplay.com/epaper/iphone/homepage.aspx#_terms
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase an in-app subscription or if you decide to migrate to an authorized subscription from in-app
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
the interface is usable but the content cannot be read using voiceover.
This is an awesom app but has a glaring shortcoming in that the only access to the content of the media is through their text to speech delivery method.
0 people have recommended this app