Castro Podcast Player
Description of App
Castro is a beautiful, full-featured podcast player that makes it easy to track and manage lots of podcasts at the same time. Only listen to the episodes you want and easily skip the rest, queue up hours of podcasts at a time and enjoy a seamless listening experience with carplay compatibility, chapter support, trim silence and much, much more!
HOW IT WORKS
1. New episodes land in the NEW tab. Read their descriptions, add episodes you like to your QUEUE, and clear the rest.
2. Press play to listen to episodes from your QUEUE in order. Queued episodes are downloaded automatically.
3. Re-order your QUEUE to plan your next few hours of listening at any time. Browse your LIBRARY to review the back catalogue, quickly access starred shows, and see your listening history.
Subscribing to a podcast is no longer a commitment to listen to every episode. You don’t have to manage a huge list of subscriptions or choose a few shows and miss the rest.
WHY OUR USERS LOVE CASTRO
• Drag and drop podcasts to plan your listening with Castro’s unique queue
• An elegant dark mode and thoughtfully designed sleep timer offer the best in night time podcast listening.
• CarPlay support makes it easy to pick up where you left off while driving.
• Apple Watch app to control playback and select another episode from your queue.
• Episode notifications include a summary of the episode to help you decide if it interests you. Play, queue or clear the episode directly from the notification without opening the app.
Castro Plus is an optional paid subscription available for $18.99/year (includes a one-week trial). Plus unlocks a range of advanced features:
• Trim Silence — With this option on, the app will analyze audio as it plays to detect silent parts and accelerate those parts. Get through more episodes faster.
• Enhance Voices improves the listening experience for many podcasts and makes it easier to hear in loud environments. Under the hood, Enhance Voices applies a dynamic compressor to increase volume just where it’s needed.
• Sideloading: Import audio files directly, just by dropping them in iCloud Drive
• Mono-Mix — Mixes a stereo podcast to mono, which makes it easier to hear podcasts that pan some guests on left/right channels.
• Chapter Support: Artwork, Skipping & Pre-selection.
• Custom settings per-podcast: Episode Limit, Trim Silence, Enhance Voices, Mono Mix, Skip Intros, Playback Speed.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“Castro 3 is an incredible app.”
— The Sweet Setup
“Castro 3 is everything Castro already was, but better.”
Castro 3 Is a Great Modern Podcast App”
— Beautiful Pixels
“Unlike other podcatchers, Castro's primary virtue is its simplicity and ease of use. The app combines sleek visual design with crystal clear audio.”
— Tom’s Guide
CASTRO PLUS SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Castro Plus costs $18.99 per year. Prices are in US dollars and may vary in countries other than the US.
Castro Plus is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. It will renew on the day before the current subscription period ends. You can cancel auto-renewal any time from the Castro settings screen.
You can switch between the two subscription periods after you pick one, but your trial period will end immediately if you do, so it's best to wait till your free week is over before changing.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This app is fully accessible with voiceover.
A good and intuitive podcast player.
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app
Is the selection as various as the description says?
Just curious are the devs offering promo codes
Not quite sure the point of this app for most of the podcasts on this app can be found on Apple iTunes podcast app. There are some that aren't though, like the linguistics podcast from Slate. Maybe in a future update, they'll add moer. If they do, I hpe they'er not found on Apple iTunes.
The first thing I noticed with Castro is standard flicks don't work, you have to move your finger around on the screen. Yes, I admit it I confess, I am a Flickr. Perhaps that's my problem :-) LOL I click on Discover and nothing happens. No matter what I do the only thing checked is the queue button. I know I'm not a smart guy, but there's something I must be doing wrong because I can't do a thing with the app any help for this old man would be greatly appreciated. I must say, the fun of having an iPhone is learning so I am not at all discouraged. The more I'm challenged the more I have the opportunity to learn, I love it. Thanks for any help any if you can give me, I appreciate
Tappig the Discover Tab, and just touching anywheer no the screen is working fine over here. There is a search field at the top wheer you can type stuff. The podcast categories aer underneat that.
I downloaded castro, but it doesn't seem to work with voice over. Any hints please? Cheers Michael
It took a little while to get going with Castro but I searched for podcasts I knew and subscribed and it seems to work. The problem I'm having is I can't move the playhead or waveform under VoiceOver. Any suggestions?