Description of App:
Top-ranked Yelp for your iPhone or iPad has over 50 million reviews on businesses worldwide — all in the palm of your hand. Whether you are looking for a pizzeria that is open now or a coffee shop nearby, Yelp is your local guide to finding just the place to eat, shop, drink, relax, and play.
• Discover great local businesses.
• Search for nearby restaurants, shops, and services.
• Filter search results by neighborhood, distance, rating, price, and what’s open now.
• Read millions of reviews written by a community of active, expert locals.
• Get to know a business through beautiful photos.
• Find great Deals offered by your favorite local businesses.
• Look up addresses and phone numbers, call a business, or make reservations directly from the app.
• Write reviews, check-in to businesses, upload photos, and add tips of your own!
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
Exceeded expectations on accessibility! Very few buttons are unlabeled. All pages are easy to traverse. Checking into venues is a snap, and posting reviews exceeds expectations with no trouble in giving star ratings or adding comments.
Additional info: 2/26/15
After continuing to explore the app, I unfortunately found a major accessibility flaw in the Find Friends section of the app. The name of possible people to "friend" are shown visually, but they are not read by Voiceover, nor are any other buttons accept the "on" button and 1 "add" button. Though this is a major flaw, I have seen no additional ones anywhere else in the app thus far.
This app has a comprehensive list of categories of businesses in which to search. It performs well in tailoring the list of results to your current location as well as listing newly opened businesses, the best I've seen thus far in utilizing accessible navigation apps. The app also allows for easily grabbing directions to a desired business by opening the Maps app and using it's location directions feature, which is also accessible. Not only can this efficient app list businesses near the current location, it will list nearby businesses to any desired address entered. Though learning to use this feature may be slightly complicated at first, it will prove quite handy as an aid for vacation planning. Aside from the "Find Friends" feature, the app has great accessibility. Hopefully, they will make changes to the "Friends" section soon. I finally found an app that has these great features, is free, and has good accessibility! Enjoy! Go YELP!