MapQuest GPS Navigation & Maps
Description of App
MapQuest is your go-to app for live maps, GPS, voice navigation and live traffic updates. Whether you’re running a quick errand across town or taking a
road trip across the country, MapQuest has the trusted directions and traffic info you need for stress-free navigation. Our app can route you around accidents,
help with multi-stop directions and even has alternate routing capabilities, robust bookmarking options, and handy sharing features. MapQuest is here to
help get you where you need to go, wherever life takes you.
With the MapQuest App, you can:
● Activate our membership-free roadside assistance directly from the menu and help you in the event of lockout, flat tires, fuel delivery, towing, and
● Get voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation walking or driving directions.
● Have peace of mind knowing we’re using the latest traffic data. Live traffic updates and automatic re-routing will help you get there on time.
● Choose from up to three different driving routes (when available) to get you to your destination most efficiently. We’ll take traffic, road closures,
and more into account so you can choose the most optimal route.
● Impress your boss, family, and friends with an on-time arrival with our ETA (estimated time of arrival) and location sharing features.
● Bookmark your home and work addresses so you can find your way to either at the push of a button.
● Quickly search for nearby points of interest in your favorite categories like coffee, restaurants, gas, and more with our industry-first layers bar!
● Advanced search uses your contacts, recent searches, top categories, and nearby points of interest to help you find your destination faster.
● Save a few bucks when you click on nearby gas stations and view and compare their current gas prices.
● Browse menus and order food through our GrubHub partnership.
● Find a place to rest your head. Explore the area and book a nearby hotel directly from the app!
● Read Yelp reviews, pricing, and more on the go.
Join the millions of people that have already downloaded the free MapQuest app as their own personal navigator.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
AppleVis Editorial Team Note: There are some issues regarding to buttons not as clear as they should be. Thus, making the interface a bit quirky to use. Original Poster Comment: With the new update, this app has some major accessibility issues. See the last comment
Developer's Twitter Username
0 people have recommended this app
I hope that the direction indicator in trip segment displayed at the top of the screen becomes accessible to VoiceOver users. I just got this app myself and need to actually try it, but I love the interface. It's simple and intuitive to use.
Like to see if anyone else has notice this or not. Now when I do a search the Search List no longer tells you the addresses of the places or businesses you are seeking.
For example: I entered McDonald's. It showed me alist of McDonald's but as you flick through the results you will only hear McDonald's, McDonald's, McDonald's, and so on. It doesn't give me the address nor the location of the resturant. However, if I doulbe tap on the item. It will then take me to a page that gives me the details.
So I've personally don't like this of having to go from one location to another by going back and forth on the Search Results.
Is anyone else having these issues?
• You can now send maps and routes from mapquest.com to your phone and open them in the MapQuest App!
• Added GPS accuracy indicator and animation
• Contacts list now alphabetized
• Updated Terms of Service
• Bug fixes
MapQuest comes with a whole NEW look. Along with a NEW look comes with some issues. Nothing major in what I have seen so far. It is mostly accessible and is not to difficult to use. There are some buttons that are not label at all and some that are not clearly label but easy to understand what they are for.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
Beautifully redesigned for iOS7, version 4.0 incorporates the useful features you need into precise vector maps to help you get where you need to go.
Version 4.0 boasts:
• Exquisite, eye-catching map styling – Our map now offers sharper detail and is much easier to read
• Traffic conditions on route – Your route turns red (heavy) or yellow (some brake lights) to keep you informed of live traffic conditions
• Custom home/work bookmarking – Bookmark your home and work addresses so no matter where you are, you can find your way to either at the push of a button
• Road alerts – Get alerted to toll roads and seasonal road closures on your route
• Sharing – Keep friends and family in the loop by sharing your location
• Audio mute capabilities – Select the audio mute option to turn off voice-guided directions while enjoying music or making a phone call
• Advanced search capabilities – Locate your destination faster when you search
• Fixes a crash at launch when importing data from the previous version of MapQuest
• Other minor bug fixes and improvements
Still a bit quirky to use. There are places where the buttons are not very clear in what they do.
What's New in Version 4.3
In-navigation volume levels are now customizable so they jive better with other apps.
This place or that place? Click a point of interest and view photos, business hours, restaurant cuisine type, price and more in our redesigned location
Headed to the airport? Known delays are now available, right on the map! Just click on the airport's marker to view the details.
Squashing bugs and saving the day!
I enjoy using this app for all my GPS needs. It works out alright when the families driving and you're the one giving the directions. However it has gotten very weird as of the new version and you really have to know what buttons do so that you can use it properly. I still stand by this app because it has gotten me to where my family needs to go every day.