Description of App
Voice Band introduces a revolutionary new way to make music - with your voice!
Just sing into your phone and hear Voice Band transform your voice into an instrument in real time. Voice Band doesn't simply alter your voice to sound
like an instrument, it actually plays a real sampled instrument which follows what you sing. Want to jam to a guitar solo with your favorite band? Voice
Band lets you play along with your ipod library, too.
Whether you’re a musician looking to instantly capture an arrangement idea, or a music fan looking to make your own music for the first time, Voice Band
will inspire and challenge you.
NOTE: Like any musical instrument, Voice Band works better with practice. If you consider yourself non-musical you can still have lots of fun with Voice
Band as you continue to expand your musical talent! For help in getting the most from Voice Band, check out our tutorial videos.
Imagine creating an entire song with only your voice!
Voice Band features a recorder which lets you build a song, one instrument at a time. Auto pitch mode helps you stay on key, and if you're a musician,
you'll appreciate the adjustable scale and metronome. Voice Band also includes a
built-in effects processor with distortion, reverb, and delay.
- Turns your voice into an instrument, in real time.
- Instruments include: 2 guitars, bass, sax, 2 synths, Drums, and a Mic mode
- Built-in recorder allows you to record an entire song, one instrument at a time.
- iPod player lets you play along with your favorite music.
- Drum mode lets you play both kick and snare at the same time by singing at two different volumes.
- Auto Pitch mode helps you to stay on key.
- Adjustable octave
- Effects include distortion, reverb and delay.
- Adjustable musical scale for auto pitch includes Major, Minor, Blues, Pentatonic, Wholetone and Mixolydian.
- Built-in metronome with adjustable tempo.
- Songs can be saved, and e-mailed from within Voice Band.
- Compatible with headphone and microphone accessories, including the iRig Mic for high quality recording.
- An iPhone 4 or 3GS is strongly recommended to reduce the processing delay that can interfere with accurate instrument control.
- Quality headphones are recommended.
- A quiet place to record, to avoid false instrument triggering from external noise.
- Practice is required! As with any musical instrument, your results will improve dramatically as your skill develops.
NOTE: A pair of headphones (with a built-in mic) is required for iPod Touch and original iPhone users.
I couldn't get this app to
Voice Band accessibility
Accessing Voice Band
I would like help as well.
Updated Usability Rating
I haven't used this app myself, but the comments posted above show that many people are not finding it as accessible as Daven suggested. I have therefore amended its Usability Rating to reflect these comments.
thanks for all the comments
Voice Band Developer
help please, and contact the dev
Voice Band Developer
Voice Band Accessibiltiy Update
I can't seem to figure out how I changed from guitar to drums. Are the drums the only instruments that actually come without buying other instruments?
I know I had a guitar on here some place!
Thanks to anyone who replies.
I listened to the podcast made about this app and figured out how to record an pan audio. But how do you change the pitch of the audio? There are octave plus and minus buttons but pressing them accomplishes nothing.
how do you
how do you pick a song? I press the library button, but it just takes me to a blank screen where vo doesn't read anything.
New version Released
What's New in Version 1.5
- Added 64 bit support
- Various bug fixes
love this app
While I can play the guitar, this is cool. I have recorded a song called Candy Cane.
Okay, love the app, but cannot seem to change instruments. Is there a workaround?