Description of App:
iTunes Descriptions:Voice Band introduces a revolutionary new way to make music - with your voice!
Just sing into your phone and hear Voice Band transform your voice into an instrument in real time. Voice Band doesn't simply alter your voice to soundlike an instrument, it actually plays a real sampled instrument which follows what you sing. Want to jam to a guitar solo with your favorite band? VoiceBand lets you play along with your ipod library, too.
Whether you’re a musician looking to instantly capture an arrangement idea, or a music fan looking to make your own music for the first time, Voice Bandwill inspire and challenge you.
NOTE: Like any musical instrument, Voice Band works better with practice. If you consider yourself non-musical you can still have lots of fun with VoiceBand as you continue to expand your musical talent! For help in getting the most from Voice Band, check out our tutorial videos.
Imagine creating an entire song with only your voice!
Voice Band features a recorder which lets you build a song, one instrument at a time. Auto pitch mode helps you stay on key, and if you're a musician,you'll appreciate the adjustable scale and metronome. Voice Band also includes a built-in effects processor with distortion, reverb, and delay.
- Turns your voice into an instrument, in real time.
- Instruments include: 2 guitars, bass, sax, 2 synths, Drums, and a Mic mode
- Built-in recorder allows you to record an entire song, one instrument at a time.
- iPod player lets you play along with your favorite music.
- Drum mode lets you play both kick and snare at the same time by singing at two different volumes.
- Auto Pitch mode helps you to stay on key.
- Adjustable octave
- Effects include distortion, reverb and delay.
- Adjustable musical scale for auto pitch includes Major, Minor, Blues, Pentatonic, Wholetone and Mixolydian.
- Built-in metronome with adjustable tempo.
- Songs can be saved, and e-mailed from within Voice Band.
- Compatible with headphone and microphone accessories, including the iRig Mic for high quality recording.
- An iPhone 4 or 3GS is strongly recommended to reduce the processing delay that can interfere with accurate instrument control.
- Quality headphones are recommended.
- A quiet place to record, to avoid false instrument triggering from external noise.
- Practice is required! As with any musical instrument, your results will improve dramatically as your skill develops.
NOTE: A pair of headphones (with a built-in mic) is required for iPod Touch and original iPhone users.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
AppleVis Editor Note: the Usability Rating for this app has been altered from that given by the original poster to reflect the comments posted by others.
Original Comments: Most elements are properly labeled. The only downside of this app is the lack of Voice Over capability to change the Octaves of the instruments. However, If you do not care that much with about octaves, this is a pretty fun app to use!