TuneIn Pro - Radio & Sports
Description of App
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Developer's Twitter Username
13 people have recommended this app
The latest update (version 2.1) has added some issues to the interface that make the user experience less pleasurable for us VoiceOver users.
Now, when viewing a list of channels (either your presets or the directory) there are page elements beside each item in the list that are recognized by VoiceOver as unlabelled buttons. Double-tapping on any of these appears to do the same as tapping on the station name itself.
Also, when browsing these lists, some station names are read by VoiceOver as: "this station only offers one stream StationName".
The app itself remains fully usable with VoiceOver, but I do find the issues mentioned above annoying enough to make me think about switching to another app.
The unlabelled buttons that indicated alternative streams have been removed in the latest update.
Among the other changes is the addition of a mute button on the playback screen. This button, labelled as 'Speaker', doesn't simply mute output from the stream, bur will zero the sound volume on your iDevice. Obviously this means that VoiceOver will also be silenced. The easiest way to get sound back is by using the volume up button on the side of your iDevice.
Must admit there are a lot of new nice features now included which I like very much. However, there is still no Search in the Browse tab! Still disappointed. The easy shortcut for the Search is to double tap on the Car Mode found in the Browse tab located in the upper left corner. In the Car Mode there is a Search which you can use. Other than this one minor problem it is still my favorite Radio app to use.
Oh yes, the Search now has the Cancel button and it does work just fine. However, the Alarm page still doesn't work. You still can't read the Alarm Times.
What's New in Version 2.9
• We've improved our player to bring the world's music, sports and news to you faster.
• You can now share your favorite stations with your friends more easily through Facebook (iOS 6 only).
• Album artwork and station info now display on your locked screen so you can quickly and easily see what's playing after your phone has gone to sleep.
• Have an iPhone 5? TuneIn now fills your entire screen.
• Get into the season! Enjoy the holidays with hundreds of Halloween and Christmas stations.
• Sports fans, get your game on with all post-season baseball games (including the World Series) and many college bowl games.
Umm, you would think going from v2.9 to v3.0 would be a major upgrade? Well, it only appears to be have been a minor update mostly trying to squash the many bugs people are having.
What is worse is that as I am trying to stay positive about waiting on the developer in fixing the several Voice Over problems is still not being fixed. This isnow like the 3rd or 4th update so far and no fix for the Search nor the Alarm Clock.
I know there has been several that have reported the issues to the developer. So they are aware of it.
I am also starting to question if this is Hall of Fame worthy anymore? Unfortunetly, they have made many updates to resolved our issues but is not being addressed. So to me in being part of the Hall of Fame is that the developers have made great stride in making their apps accessible. Sadly, after waiting for several months now which is ample of time to have fix our issues. I have not seen going above and beyond of doing that in what I would consider being Hall of Fame quality. So I'm beginning to wane with the above commenter of asking if this is Hall of Fame worthy anymore?
What's New in Version 3.0
• Fixed playback issues
• Fixed recordings update
Before you ask. No none of the accessibility issues have been addressed in this new update. However, it does appear that the developer of TuneIn Radio has been very busy in fixing a lot of bugs. Also, added a new feature.
Now hopefully, they will have time to fix some of the accessibility issues now. :P
What's New in Version 3.1
• Thanks, loyal TuneIn listeners, for helping us identify and fix issues with the last release of TuneIn Radio. This version features numerous fixes, all outlined below. Please continue to help us make TuneIn better by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues (and make sure to include the specific station you're trying to listen to).
• Improved playing experience for many stations and podcasts, including better "seek" ability for long podcasts.
• Fixed playing experience when TuneIn is interrupted by other apps.
• Fixed instances of stuttering during play experience.
• TuneIn now features more high-resolution album artwork.
• Returned the ability to schedule recordings for custom URLs.
• Most college football bowl games, including the National Championship Game, are available. Just browse under “Sports” during game time.
Well, I am sorry to report that none of the accessibility issues we have had since August is still not fixed. The developers are aware of the problems. So after four months of many updates and a major rlease. We are still able to perform certian functions.
What's New in Version 3.3
• Our iPad listeners will enjoy a brand new design!
• TuneIn will pick up right where you left off when you resume listening to your most recent recording or podcast.
• Listen to 24 college football bowl games - visit http://s.tunein.com/bowlgames to learn more.
• We've improved streaming stability for a number of formats.
What's New in Version 3.4.1
• Introducing TuneIn Live for iPad, an all-new way to listen to the world's radio. The new Live screen presents a vivid array of album artwork and show titles that flip every time something new starts. Swipe through each tile to discover new songs, games or shows that just started on a station somewhere in the world. Sign up for a free TuneIn account to personalize this entire experience, and TuneIn will help you discover the best sounds in the world based on your interests.
• Chevy drivers with MyLink can now access TuneIn directly from their dashboards.
• We've made TuneIn more accessible to visually impaired listeners, with improved voiceover integration.
• We've made stability improvements to our service for both iPad and iPhone listeners.