Description of App
The ultimate music theory reference tool for musicians of all skill levels. Tonality allows you to view and listen to a large database of piano chords and scales and features a chord-recognition tool that can identify chords you play on your instrument.
- Over 1,000 chords and the ability to create custom chords
- Search for chords by root, quality, extension, or any combination of these
- Reverse search for chords containing certain notes
- Sort chords by key, number of pitches, key span, and more
- View different inversions and omittable notes
- View chord scale degrees and note names
- View a table of related scales
- View chords on a piano and in the staff (treble or bass clef)
- Chord identification - record a chord through your device's microphone and Tonality will transcribe and identify it
- Commonly used scales and fingerings and ability to create custom scales
- Search for scales by root and name
- Reverse search for scales containing certain notes
- Sort scales alphabetically, by key, by number of pitches, and more
- View scale degrees and note names
- View ascending and descending versions
- View scales on a piano and in the staff (treble or bass clef)
- Add custom fingerings
In addition to adding your own custom chords, scales, and fingerings, you can:
- Change the color scheme
- Choose the playback instrument (piano, electric piano, organ, strings, or guitar)
- Choose whether to show all keys (including theoretical ones) or only commonly used keys
Can you read the fingerings?
Can you read the fingerings for the scales and chords? I was wondering that, because I sometimes wonder what the best way is to finger scales.
hi. Yes you can see the
hi. Yes you can see the correct fingering for scales and chords. You have just to double tap on scale or chords and you can see all information about it.