Description of App
Passionately designed by iZotope, an Emmy Award-winning audio technology company.
The Spire 4-track recorder is like having an audio engineer in your pocket. Spire automatically adds professional polish to your recordings, so you can
record, mix, and share great-sounding audio from anywhere.
Whether on the couch, at rehearsal, or on the fly, your songwriting sessions and demos have never sounded this good:
- Get insanely, impossibly, “how-did-they-even-do-that” great audio quality. Spire runs on much of the same powerful processing as iZotope’s flagship software.
Your tracks are instantly and automatically enhanced with built-in de-esser, dynamic EQ, compression, stereo imager (opt-in), and a limiter.
- Keep your hands on your instrument. Voice command offers hands-free control to get your recording started.
- Never lose the beat. Keep perfect time with a streamlined in-app metronome.
- Creatively customize each track. Control volume and L-R panning with simple, touch-and-drag mixing controls.
- Share your song with the world. Share your finished recording through text, email, or other storage services.
Record. Mix. Share. Spire.
I want to love this app because the finished product sounds so darn good! When it is first launched a help window pops up with an okay button that isn't labeled. Double tap this and you are on the recording screen. Play and record are labeled, but that's about it. From left to right the buttons bring up a tempo screen, then the recording view which shows by default, then mix, then share, then the first track, then record, then play, then loop, then voice control. Voice control allows you to say start recording and that's it. You must still double tap stop. I was able to make a 4 track recording with harmony vocals and absolutely no latency which was beautiful! There does not appear to be a way to move within a track, even in the mixing mode. So you better edit it right the first time. What's great about it is when you start recording your second track the first track is playing in the background. This app has much potential because this is the initial release. A precount would help a lot. I have written the developer pleading for them to lable the buttons properly for Voiceover, but haven't had a response yet. There is no information about what file format projects are recorded and saved in, and no FAQ as yet. I sure hope we can start a dialog with these guys. I was able to pan my tracks by using a double tap and hold, but the mix view was confusing.