Shazam: Music Discovery
Description of App
Shazam is one of the world’s most popular apps, used by more than 100 million people each month to identify music, get song lyrics, and now to discover
the music that artists discover themselves.
"Shazam is an app that feels like magic" --Techradar.com
Identify music instantly and share in the thrill of music discovery with the artists you love.
See what top artists like Calvin Harris, Pitbull, Meghan Trainor, Avicii, Jason Derulo, Wiz Khalifa and others are Shazaming.
• New discoveries from artists you’ve Shazamed appear automatically
• Follow new artists with a tap of a button and see what those artists are Shazaming
• Stay up-to-date about new singles, albums, and videos from the artists you follow
• Shazam TV shows to discover soundtracks, the cast, special offers and more
• Enjoy music lyrics and YouTube videos
• Preview songs with Apple Music and add them to Rdio and Spotify playlists *
• Launch Pandora radio based on artists you discover *
• With Auto Shazam we'll keep finding tunes for you even when you leave the app
DISCOVER & BUY
• Stay in the loop with Shazam’s real time charts
• Quick links to Apple Music and the iTunes store
• Connect Rdio or Spotify to play full tracks in Shazam
• Check out recommended tracks to discover new music
• Find out what’s popular in your town, your country and the world
• Start an Apple Music radio station based on tracks you've Shazamed
CONNECT & SHARE
• See what your friends are Shazaming when you connect your Facebook account
• Share your discoveries through Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Google+ and more...
SHAZAM FROM YOUR WATCH
• Launch Shazam on your Apple Watch for the artist, song, and lyrics that unfold with the music
• See your past Shazams at a glance with a simple swipe up
• Use Handoff on Apple Watch and iPhone to buy the song on iTunes, watch videos, and much more
• Turn on Auto Shazam and we’ll keep finding tunes for you
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
• Shazam visual recognition gets you more - tap the camera icon to Shazam posters, magazines or books; anywhere where you see the Shazam camera logo
• Visual recognition also works as a QR code reader
• Buy tickets to see your favorite artists in concert
Use Shazam as much as you like – it’s unlimited. Don’t want the advertising? Upgrade to Shazam Encore
• Previewing and buying music requires the iTunes music store in your country
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
* Some features are location, device and app version dependent
Any questions or feedback? Check out: https://support.shazam.com
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Not very VoiceOver accessible to use. Many of the key elements are missing or don't work. There are buttons that are unlabeled. It will identify songs and you can see the results but all other features are almost completely inaccessible.
Developer's Twitter Username
0 people have recommended this app
What's New in Version 6.0.0
Explore the world with Shazam’s interactive maps. Zoom from your current location to cities, countries and continents across the globe to discover what’s popular.
Welcome iPad users: Shazam is now a universal app – we have some awesome new features coming first to the iPad:
○ Auto Tagging: When Shazam is running it tags music and media around you – like songs featured in a TV show or music playing on your device.
○ Shazam even runs in the background and tags while you check your emails or play a game.
○ Dynamic new home screen: Browse real time updates of what’s being tagged on TV right now (US only) and the hottest music tracks globally.
○ Flip through your recent matches - add the ones you like to your favorites
- Multi-track purchase: When you've tagged a bunch of songs, now it's easy to go back and buy them in one go. Go to My Tags (or Favorites on iPad), tap "Select & Buy", pick the songs you want, then tap "Buy" to purchase in iTunes.
- Recommendations: Discover more music based on similar tracks other Shazamers have bought. Shazam any track or find old ones in My Tags, then tap ""Recommendations"".
- Music Previews: Added loads more previews for tracks you Shazam and trending music in the Pulse charts.
- Accessibility: Improved Voiceover on iPhone.
- Sharing is caring: Made it easier to tweet and share on Facebook, or to e-mail music and TV results.
○ Much faster recognition, especially on the iPhone 4 and 3GS.
○ Better recognition in difficult environments.
○ Now when you tweet, your followers can play previews right in Twitter through our Twitter Card.
○ Explore charts are more dynamic, showing you what's hot in the last seven days.
○ New TV experiences (US only).
Hi. I haven't found the "Shazam" button to get the app to start listening as the screen implies one can. I do not want autoShazam. Frankly, all these apps these days -- Shazam, SoundHound, etc. -- are into the social networking scene which I abhor. I wish there were an app that simply would identify music. Period. Nothing else. No lyrics, no sharing, no tagging -- just identify music.
I suppose that's too much to hope for! :-)
Well, siri now does that.
Not if one is still using iOS 7.1.2. (grin)
I do use Siri to identify music; but I agree with you, Mike. I hate the fact those apps have all implemented so much of social media. When I used those apps, all I wanted was to identify a song, not share it with a hundred people or see what everyone else in the world was tagging.
Hi. The latest update says it makes VoiceOver better, but it actually almost completely breaks VoiceOver Support. Do not update!
Ironically, the release notes mentions VoiceOver changes but sadly have made this release very horrible for VoiceOver users to use. Thanks for the folks that have brought me to this attention. You will find some of the features will work but a lot of problems has occured in this update.
What's New in Version 8.9.0
We’ve made some VoiceOver changes to make Shazaming easier for those using Apple’s Accessibility features.
We’ve also tweaked the news feed. Head to home and scroll for new music from the artists you’ve Shazamed.
Hi. I just whent to shazam.com and tried to tell them about VoiceOver in there latest update, but I could not find any contact us or support links.
I updated to the latest version of this app. While it's true that the tabs and other things have disappeared, I personally am not bothered by this. To me the stuff that was there was just a lot of clutter, or at least of no interest. As long as it can identify a song for me, that's really all I care about.
Hi. There was an update today to bring iOS 9 compatibility and bring back VoiceOver support. It still works on iOS 8 as well. I know this because I have not updated to iOS 9 yet.