Pacemaker - AI DJ app
Description of App
**App Store Best of 2015 and 2014**
**Apple Design Award Winner 2015**
Create and save your mix with Pacemaker for iPhone and Apple Watch or DJ live on iPad & iPad Pro. With tracks from iTunes and Spotify.
**App Store Editor’s Choice 2014 and 2015**
**Selected as one of the first music apps for Apple Watch by Apple**
“An excellent balance between simplicity and feature bloat” – The Verge
“It’s not just a DJing app - it’s DJing reinvented for the touchscreen” – Wired
“You’re likely to see Pacemaker at a house party near you” – DJ TechTools
Pacemaker takes the effort out of creating a mix by adding the magic. Just pick your music from iTunes or Spotify, personalize your transitions, hit play and get into the groove!
*Pacemaker for iPhone – Create and save your mixtape in a heartbeat!
– Follow the green circle and find tracks that match with help from our Match Machine™ feature.
– Match Machine™ also intelligently shuffles your tracks order. While Autopilot™ helps create you mix between tracks.
– Personalize your mix by moving the transition between tracks.
– Instantly mix in the next track by pushing the “Mix now” lightning icon.
– Seamlessly jump to any part of a track, and it will keep playing in sync with the beat.
– Save your mix with our patented mix Recipe® tech and relisten to it later.
– Blast it to the next level with a full range of colorful live effects.
*Pacemaker for Apple Watch – One-touch-mixing magic directly from your wrist.
– Mix in new tracks! Just tap the cover art and it will mix the track in at the next best spot.
– The music never stops! Get a notification when the current playlist is about to end. Pick a new playlist or automatically go into Radio mode.
– Add live effects! Comes with our most popular effects, ChopChop, Whitenoise, 8-Bit and Hi-Lo! – for free!!
*Pacemaker for iPad & NEW iPad Pro – The complete live DJ tool with the epic Autopilot™ feature! You have unlimited creative influence over the music you love!
With its carefully crafted design, it makes DJing easy, beautiful and fun.
– Sync with the tap of a button!
– Mix seamlessly between tracks with the built-in crossfader.
– Split the output and preview a track with the headphones crossfader.
– What to play next? Our track selection assistant Match Machine™ finds tracks that match perfectly with the tracks currently playing.
– Need a break? Activate Autopilot™ – your personal DJ that automagically mixes for you.
– Record a mix on the fly. Play it, cue it and rewind it (only with music from iTunes).
– A full set of colorful effects available to purchase in-app.
In-App purchases for iPhone and iPad:
– Whitenoise - SwooooOOOSH! The powerful build up effect that gives you a dramatic and perfectly timed drop, every time.
– 8-Bit - The bit crusher that makes your track sound like a retro video game.
– ChopChop - Slice up a track for a stuttering effect and build up tension before the big drop.
– Hi-Lo - Remove the high or low frequencies from your tracks to create a swooping sound.
– Reverb - Make the track sound as if it’s playing in a small hut or the largest of cathedrals.
– (iPad & iPad Pro) Echo - Echo echo… Is there anybody out there?
– (iPad & iPad Pro) Roll - Create a loop that spins on top of a track.
– (iPad & iPad Pro) Loop - Create synchronized loops on the fly; split or double, exit and re-loop. Also included is the exclusive Pacemaker Loop Travel.
– (iPad & iPad Pro) Beatskip - Skip a predetermined number of beats forwards or backwards to create stutter in your sound.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This app use to work great with VoiceOver. After several updates, the app accessibility was broken.
0 people have recommended this app
I installed pacemaker on my iPhone 6 plus. I have several playlists I have made up in the native music app. I am able to select a playlist in pacemaker, and I see a list of the songs, and the play and next buttons, but that is all. I am unable to set the transition time between songs and I don't see any way to scroll through a son. There is a button that says master effects but it doesn't seem to do anything. On my iPad air, the app is virtually invisible. Maybe I'm confused somehow. I am running the latest os 9 build on both devices.
So, you have listed few comments here which I'm not aware of, but definitely I'd love to help you and try my best to make this app work well for you.
First, do you have a Spotify account and Spotify music? What music source are you using?
This app cannot play Apple Music contents because it's protected. You can only add playlists from your music library or from Spotify Music.
Are you facing any accessibility problems with this app?
Please feel free to write your comments and suggestions here and I'll make sure to deliver them to the right people.
Curious if anybody has any other alternatives, due to some recent update or another making this completely inaccessible?
I would highly recommend the Djay series of apps for its accessibility and its features.
I don't really think these accessibility ratings you selected are the best, at least, for me. When I launch the app, I just hear music, Welcome to Pacemaker, and then there's nothing more.
How did you get it to work, and how did you get past the welcome screen?
This app was posted on May 2016, so it's been a while since I've used the app and I was surprised that the app accessibility was broken after several updates. I'm currently in contact with the developer to redesign the app or improve the accessibility at least.
For now, when you first launch the app, disable VoiceOver. Tap anywhere in the screen, enable VoiceOver and you should see a login screen. Login with your Spotify account and tell me what happens as I don't have a Spotify account myself.
I'll keep you updated as I hear from this developer as soon as possible.
An email has been sent to the developer of this app.
Please follow the developer's link posted above to post a comment or ask for support on the FAQ's list as I'm currently suffering with other developers as well, convincing them to make their apps accessible. I'll follow up with this developer and I'll keep you informed as soon as I hear from them.
All the best.
I recently heard from the developer of Pasemaker Music - DJ Mix for iOS. Please read the developer's response below and try to write a review on the AppStore as it may help a lot.
"Accessibility Support is important to us at Pacemaker but when we added social features to the application, during the re-design voice-over stopped working. For technical reasons, this is in our roadmap for the future to re-implement.".
To contact the developer of this app please follow the link below: