Neutron Music Player
Description of App
Neutron is the professional music player with a high quality 32/64-bit audio rendering engine which provides the best possible sound quality on an iOS device.
Neutron features a sophisticated UI with advanced controls for music playback along with high quality implementation of Parametric EQ, Surround, Crossfeed and other digital sound effects. It can play music from almost any source including network devices with SMB/CIFS or UPnP/DNLA support.
Neutron is developed for audiophiles and those who really in love with music. Consider using Hi-Fi/Hi-End audio hardware for best results.
Get used to Neutron and have full control over your media library and sound!
* 32/64-bit audio processing (high quality HD audio).
* OS independent decoding and audio processing.
* Audio formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, OGG (Vorbis), FLAC, WMA, WMA Lossless (16-bit), AC3, AAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, ALAC, APE (Monkey's Audio), WV (WavPack), MPC (MusePack), WAV, AU, AIFF, MPG/MPEG (audio), AVI (audio), iTunes/Windows Media (non DRM), OPUS.
* Module music formats: MOD, IM, XM, S3M.
* Voice audio format: SPEEX.
* Playlists: CUE, M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM, XSPF, WPL.
* CUE Sheet (.CUE files, metadata).
* Lyrics (.LRC files, metadata).
* Streaming audio (with metadata).
* Network device (NAS, PC, ...) with SMB/CIFS as music source.
* UPnP/DNLA device (Server) as music source.
* Audio output to UPnP/DNLA device (Renderer) in up to 24-bit/192 kHz resolution.
* Parametric equalizer DSP (4 bands).
* Surround sound DSP (Ambiophonic R.A.C.E.).
* Crossfeed DSP (for better stereo in headphones).
* Rumble Filter DSP (speaker overloading protection).
* Dithering DSP (minimize quantization).
* Pitch and Tempo DSP (playback speed and pitch correction).
* Normalization (best Preamp gain calculation after DSP effects).
* Replay Gain.
* Gapless playback.
* Hardware and Preamp volume controls.
* Phase inversion.
* High quality real-time resampling (when required): quality, audiophile.
* Mixing to Mono.
* Playback modes: shuffle, looped, single track, queue.
* Playlist management.
* Media library grouping by: album, artist, genre, year, rating, folder.
* Artist grouping by 'Album Artist' category.
* Folder mode.
* Unicode metadata support.
* Real-time multiband spectrum analyzer UI.
* Real-time RMS UI.
* Clock mode.
* Sleep timer.
* Wake timer.
* Interface languages: Русский, 中文 (繁体), 中文 (简体), 한국어, 日本語, Việt, ไทย, Deutsch, Italiano, Français, Español, ελληνικά, Português, Magyar, Polski, العربية.
Please do not hesitate to report bugs by e-mail or through the forum. Your patience, help and participation are highly appreciated!
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
seems totally inaccessible, can't read anything from the screen.
I am going to email the developer, and will report back with any response.
Developer's Twitter Username
0 people have recommended this app
Hi, well I had the below response from the developer, does anyone know if the API he asks about exists?
response begins now,
Thank you very much for writing about the issue you faced with Neutron.
The incompatibility with VoiceOver functionality is due to the fact
that Neutron's User Interface is developed and is running by own
OpenGL based graphics engine. Neutron is not using UI elements which
are provided by OS and I believe it is the cause of the problem. OS
simply does not know about UI elements as they are drown by OpenGL.
Neutron exists not only on iOS platform but with on Android,
BlackBerry and potentially Tizen (if it gets released in the future).
Only Neutron's portable UI engine allows to develop UI which is the
same on all platforms and it also accelerates the development
If iOS provided some API which could bind VoiceOver tags to custom UI
elements then may be it could be a way out but so far I have not found