Loopy HD: Looper
Description of App
Best Musicians App, 2nd Place in Best App Ever 2011! - Now with Audiobus: http://audiob.us ✪ ➤ Create music by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.Introducing Audiobus support: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information. http://loopyapp.com http://facebook.com/ATastyPixelhttp://twitter.com/ATastyPixel http://youtu.be/7GgiVhTB_yA -- “This is the best loop station on the iPhone” -- Dub FX (dubfx.net) http://youtu.be/OcKpPY5Vxjs-- “This is an incredible app...I'm definitely using Loopy to write the next album.” -- Pete Mitchell, No More Kings http://youtu.be/_s-MQQg7OvA -- “I pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.” -- J. Alan Meier “If you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.” -- Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer “Loopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone we’ve seen to date” -- iOS Recording This is a looper that'll come out to play, but get down to work when you want to get serious. While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start. More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace. RECORD & LAYER
- Six, nine, or twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated audio copy and paste.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips.
- Share audio with many other audio apps with audio copy and paste.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app
So I just got this app and have a few questions:
1: how does one record with tracks on this app?
2: what's the best way to navigate it? direct touch makes it a bit confusing for me to use.
3: Would normal VO gestures work in the tracks screen?