Description of App
A PROFESSIONAL TOOL FOR MUSICIANS AND MUSIC STUDENTS OF ALL LEVELS.
It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
- The basic play-along feature includes Jazz Medium Swing, Bossa Nova and Rock.
- Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation.
- Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions.
- 1000s of songs can be imported from the forums in a few simple steps.
- Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor.
- The Player will play any song that you edit or create.
- Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing.
- Easily share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal b users via email and the forums.
- Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition).
- Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players or global setting for number notation .
- Create multiple editable playlists.
- Support for AirPrint.
- Export charts as JPEG, PDF and MusicXML.
- Export audio as WAV (AudioCopy/Paste supported), AAC and MIDI.
- Support for iRig™/AmpliTube™ and other guitar connection kits.
- Support for AirTurn™ and other bluetooth page turners.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES VIA IN-APP PURCHASE (See website for demos)
- Jazz Styles Pack (15 Jazz play along styles): Ballad Swing, Ballad Even, Slow Swing, Medium Swing, Medium Up Swing, Up Tempo Swing, Double Time Swing, Swing Two/Four, Bossa Nova, Even 8ths, Latin, Latin/Swing, Afro 12/8, Gypsy Jazz, Practice.
- Latin Styles Pack (8 Latin play along styles): Brazil-Bossa Electric, Brazil-Bossa Acoustic, Brazil-Samba, Cuba-Son Montuno 2-3, Cuba-Son Montuno 3-2, Cuba-Cha Cha Cha, Cuba-Bolero, Argentina-Tango.
- Pop Styles Pack (12 Pop play along styles): Rock, Slow Rock, 12/8 Rock, Funk, Soul, RnB, Smooth, Disco, Reggae, Shuffle, Country, Bluegrass.
- Guitar Chords: Displays guitar chord diagrams during playback following the chord progression. Access the extensive chord diagrams library for quick and easy reference.
- Piano Chords: Displays piano chord diagrams during playback following the chord progression. Access the extensive chord diagrams library for quick and easy reference.
- Chord Scales: Displays chord and scale diagrams during playback following the chord progression. It's also an extensive library of chord and scale diagrams for quick and easy reference.
Always backup your songs!
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
I've had no trouble playing existing charts, changing tempos, and adjusting instrument levels in the app's mixer. It took me a few minutes to figure it out, but I was able to download a pack of 1300 jazz standards from the iReal B forums. I have only spent a few minutes trying to edit or create new charts. I don't believe these functions will be accessible with Voice Over, but given the large number of charts available for download I think this is a worthwhile app for musicians wanting to practice, or learn a progression or two.
The app is a bit pricy at $7.99. I was also a little annoyed at having to spend another $5 to buy a jazz style pack to get more than 3 styles. All things considered though, I'm really glad I bought it and think I'll find it useful. One drawback to the app is that there are no melodies on the charts. Sometimes this can be confusing when the charts include an intro.
1 people have recommended this app
I like the app. It can search Apple music if you want to hear a song by a real artist to get the feel for the style. I'd like the app to play chords one at a time, as you are editing chord charts.
One thing we can't do right now is create loops for rehearsing parts of tunes repeatedly.
I'm a keyboard player, so when I learn the chords to a tune, I can turn down the harmony and do my own piano parts. Lots of fun.