Description of App
* "Without doubt the most powerful and genuinely useful percussion app on the App Store right now" Computer Music
* Reached the #1 paid music app in 5 countries
* SonicTouch (www.sonicstate.com) gold award
Impaktor is a drum synthesizer with a vast sonic palette, that turns any surface into a playable percussion instrument.
You just slap your desk like you would a real drum. The real acoustical impulses from the built-in microphone are used as an excitation source for advanced
sound modules that simulates behavior of membranes, cymbals, metallophones or strings. This makes Impaktor a highly responsive and expressive instrument.
With semi-modular architecture and several types of synthesis, Impaktor can produce a wide range of tones, from acoustic, like Tabla, Djembe, Marimba,
Cymbals, Metal bars to electronic or industrial sounds.
Enjoy the most realistic virtual drumming experience available for mobile devices!
* Works with iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, iPod Touch 4th gen and all iPads
* The app requires headphones. Works best with headphones without built-in microphone.
- Synthesis: physical modeling, frequency modulation, noise shaping
- Semi-modular architecture; 2 modules with configurable routing
- 2 modulation sources: velocity and lfo-envelope. Almost every parameter can be modulated
- Multimode filter, harmonic exciter and several types of amplifiers
- Over 90 presets available, more coming soon
- No samples used
- Ultra low latency
- 6 tracks audio recorder
- True 3d panning
- Auto-quantization with configurable time-signature
- Reverb and Delay effects
- Audio-copy and wave export
Impaktor - The drum synthesizer Support
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
The concept of this app is very accessible. The app itself has some accessibility shortcomings. Some buttons are not labled, some are.
From the opening screen, I tapped the unlabled button on the bottom right corner and the app began to respond to tapping.
VO announces some preset names found in the middle to lower third of my iPhone screen.
The screens designed to tweek the synth are labled, but I don't think all of the controls react to IOS jestures.
I find this app fun. Yes, there are accessibility issues, but once you set up your preset, then playing is completely possible.
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app