Submitted by Ken Downey on Saturday, September 7, 2013.
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Description of App
bs-16i is a 16 multi-timbral playback sampler. It supports SoundFont, and can be used for keyboard instrument, MIDI sound module, and MIDI player.The sampler engine is ported from bs-1 / bs-16, which is developed as professional plug-in for Logic (Audio Units) and Cubase (VST instrument).Using SoundFont libraries, you can play with your great number of Instruments.It supports all standard MIDI messages, using pre-installed GeneralUser GS SoftSynth v1.44.sf2 (S. Christian Collins), your iPhone and iPad can be used as a GM (General MIDI) sound module. As a keyboard instrument, you can play with scalable keyboard, pitch bend wheel, and many control change controllers. Internal MIDI player supports SMF (Standard MIDI File) format. From version 1.6, bounced wave can be shared with other apps using AudioCopy. SoundFont and SMF files can be sent using internal Wi-Fi server. Also you can use file sharing functions of iTunes, and OpenIn from other apps. Moreover, this application supports Core MIDI Interface like as IK Multimedia iRig KEYS / iRig MIDI, YAMAHA iMX-1, LINE6 MIDI Mobilizer 2, Apple Camera Connection Kit with USB MIDI Interface, and LINE6 MIDI Mobilizer 1. With them you can communicate with other external MIDI hardware like as synthesizer, sequencer. Also bs-16i can be backgrounded and drived from other apps using Virtual MIDI. From Version 1.7, Audiobus technology is supported. You can send bs-16i's output stream to other apps directly.
- internal WiFi server may be unstable for a part of environments. iTunes file sharing will be recommended.
- To load the specified soundfont file, the device have to ready free memory larger that file size of it.
- Internal player is not connected to MIDI Mobilizer 1's MIDI output. (All CoreMIDI I/F is connected)
- According to the specification of MIDI Mobilizer 1, timing error may occur when a lot of messages are sent to the application. It can be fixed by using "Buffering" option in application's setting menu.
- This application collects following information: Device name, OS version, User Location, SoundFont file name, CoreMIDi I/F name.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This is mostly accessible, and it Works from startup.
VoiceOver reads all page elements.
Most buttons are clearly labeled.
There are some minor accessibility issues with this app, but they are easy to deal with.
There is some distortion in the sounds, and if there are volume controls I can't find them. The buttons that represent the channels in the mixer view are not labeled and could be knobs for all I know. All that's needed is to start it up, enable core midi, and go.
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app
Most recently recommended by Ken Downey 7 years 2 months ago