Description of App
ACB Link connects members and friends of the American Council of the Blind. With ACB Link, you can:
1) Access valuable resources offered by the American Council of the Blind
2) Get push notifications designed to keep you in the know about late-breaking news items of value to ACB members and friends
3) Easily and conveniently connect to the state and special-interest affiliates of the American Council of the Blind via the app's affiliate tab
4) Be informed and entertained by the programming available from ACB Radio's various channels via the radio tab
5) Play ACB podcasts on demand so you never again have to miss information that enhances your life and increases your independence
6) Gain valuable information that focuses on dealing with sight loss, whether you're facing vision loss yourself or have an elderly parent or relative
ACB Link is intuitive, easy to use, and fully accessible with VoiceOver, Apple's screen reader built into iOS.
The American Council of the Blind (ACB) was founded in 1961 but many of its state affiliates and local chapters have a history that can be traced back
to the 1880s. Since its inception, ACB and its affiliates have been at the forefront in advocating for programs and policies that have created the opportunities
blind and visually impaired Americans now enjoy. The American Council of the Blind believes in the acceptance of all blind persons irrespective of where
they are in their adjustment to blindness. We value every person for their individual strengths, abilities, and accomplishments, and we look forward to
seeing ACB Link serve as a further vehicle of communication and interaction among all members of the ACB community and among those with questions and concerns
about sight loss.