Ease into 5K: run walk interval training program
Description of App
As seen on ABC News and featured in the "Best iPhone Apps" book. Get in shape with the most popular beginner's running plan. Couch to 5K has been helping thousands of people ease into running and incrementally build up their running strength in just 9 weeks.
This app gives you audio prompts every time you need to change from running to walking according to the C25K plan. You can listen to your music and enjoy your workout without constantly looking at your stopwatch.
Couch to 5K plan in a nutshell
- Alternates between walking and running
- Takes 9 weeks to complete
- Workout 3 days per week
- Each workout session is from 30-40 minutes long
- The most popular 5K running plan
If you are doing the C25K this is the app to have!
- NEW - Enable GPS support with a in-app purchase*
- NEW - Beautiful graphs to track your distance, pace, weight, and calories burned
- Supports Multitasking on iOS 4 and multitask capable devices
- Select your own music and skip tracks without leaving the C25K app!
- Works with Nike+.
- Plays audio alerts when you need to switch from running to walking.
- Choose Male or Female voice for audio alerts.
- Configure additional alerts and settings within the app.
- Keeps track of the days you've completed.
- Add journal entries for your workouts
- See your workout history
- Share your workouts on Facebook and Twitter right from the app.
- Simple settings
- Screen lock
- Excellent customer support
I made this app because I started the C25K running plan myself. The
C25K program and this app have helped me get healthier and I know it will do the same for you.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This app works extremely well with Voiceover. All the buttons are completely accessible. So far my only issue has been how to repeat days if I want to do that. supposedly, you can select and tap on the week and day you want, but I haven't yet figured out how to do that with Voiceover commands--the traditional methodds for accomplishing such a task aren't working.
0 people have recommended this app
I'm getting ready to start a couch to 5K program, and I'm looking for an app to help me through that. This app sounds like a great option. I did note that it has been a while since this entry was posted, so I read the version history from version 3.1.1 reviewed here until the present. Version 3.3.3 mentioned a new workout screen. Before I buy the app, I thought I'd ask here to see if it is still as accessible as it used to be. Also, it's been almost 2 years since the last update. Does iOS 10.3 show that warning about the app needing to be updated to run on future versions of iOS?