Description of App:
Walkmeter is the most advanced application for walkers and hikers ever designed for a mobile device. Built from the ground up for iPhone, iPad, and iCloud, it makes your iPhone a powerful fitness computer — with maps, graphs, splits, intervals, laps, announcements, zones, training plans and more.
• Obsessively complete... a killer app — Wired
• Records a wealth of data — Macworld
• Clean, easy-to-use — New York Times
Experience core features and dependability for free, then upgrade to Elite to add powerful advanced features. (Elite features noted by *.)
• Records and stores unlimited numbers of workouts — years of workouts only take up the space of a few songs.
• No website login required.
• Swipe across the stopwatch to see pages of stats, maps, and graphs - completely configurable.
• View your workouts on a calendar, and organized by routes and activities.
• Summarize your statistics by day, week, month, year, and overall.
• Analyze your workouts on your iPad, updated with your latest data using iCloud. *
• View bar and pie charts of over 25 statistics across all your workouts. *
• Start, stop, lap, and view stats from the lock screen in iOS 8. *
• Exclude stopped time with automatic stop detection. *
• Record heart rate, bike speed, bike cadence, and bike power with sensors. *
• Records steps all day and cadence during workouts using the M7 coprocessor. (iPhone 5S or later.) *
• Stop, start, lap, and view stats with the Casio STB-1000 sports watch and the Wahoo RFLKT+ bike computer. *
• View terrain and traffic maps with Google Maps. *
• Automatically record the weather for your location. *
• Start and stop with your earphone remote. *
• Select from more than 120 configurable announcements including distance, time, speed, elevation, and heart rate. *
• Hear stats automatically at time or distance intervals, or on-demand with your earphone remote. *
• Listen to comments from friends and followers on Facebook, Twitter, and dailymile. *
• Compete against your previous workouts along a route.
• See your virtual competition on a map and in graphs.
• Import and compete against other people's workouts. *
• Hear announcements on how far you are ahead of or behind your competition. *
• Includes 5K, 10, half, and marathon running plans. *
• Design your own training plans. *
• Synchronize your plan with your iPhone calendar and your online calendars. *
• Supports cycling, running, walking, skating, skiing, and many other activities. *
• Keep on track with extremely configurable interval training, zones, and targets. *
• Set up repeating intervals, pyramid intervals, or tempo workouts. *
• Hear announcements that keep you in the zone. *
• Analyze your split, interval, and zone performance. *
• Includes the most advanced bike power meter support available on any application or device. *
• Post workouts to iOS 8 Health app (optional). *
• Use email, Facebook, Twitter, Strava, MyFitnessPal and dailymile to share your workouts online. *
• Automatically keep family and friends notified of your location and progress. *
• Hear replies from family, coaches, and friends spoken using text-to-speech technology. *
• Share your workout calendar with your friends and coaches. *
• Import a route or virtual competitor by simply tapping on a GPX, TCX, FIT or KML link or file in Mail or Safari. *
• Export detailed CSV, GPX, TCX, FIT or KML files for use in maps, graphs, and social fitness sites. *
For cycling, running, walking, skiing, skating, and more
• Cyclemeter, Runmeter, Walkmeter, and 5K Runmeter are built from the same core foundation, but come preconfigured for cycling, running, walking, or training.
• Each app supports all features, activities, and plans.
Does not support iPod touch, which lacks GPS capabilities. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
I have tried several pedometer Apps for my iPhone and this is by far the best. It was easy to set up using VoiceOver and is easy7 to use with VoiceOver for at least the basic functions of tracking my walk activity and analysing that in many different ways. Note that I have not tried its more advanced features for workout plans and interval training.
The basic App is free but you then have to tolerate advertisements. You can upgrade to the Elite version by a modest in-App purchase.