Description of App
Pocket Yoga talks the user through yoga sessions and shows pictures of poses at the same time. You can choose between three types of practice, at three different difficulty levels, and for a duration of 30, 45, or 60 minutes. You can use the default music or choose your own. A dictionary of poses is included that has descriptions of most of the poses covered. The program also keeps track of when and for how long you practice.
As described in the iTunes Store:
A yoga instructor in your pocket, everywhere you go.
The practice of yoga becomes beneficial when done on a regular basis. With Pocket Yoga you can keep up with your practice at your own pace and schedule in the comforts of your own home. Simply set your iPhone/iPod in front of your mat, start a practice, and Pocket Yoga will guide you through your entire session.
Choose between 3 different practices, 3 different difficulty levels and 3 different durations. A total of 27 different sessions!
Practices in Pocket Yoga are the unique and original creative design of the world-renowned school of Gaia Flow Yoga.
- Detailed voice and visual instruction guides you through every pose, including each inhalation and exhalation.
- Over 145 beautifully illustrated pose images with correct posture and positioning.
- Dictionary of poses containing descriptions and benefits of each pose.
- Maintains an ongoing log of all your yoga practices to track your progress and promote consistency.
- Practices designed by experienced yoga instructors.
- Ability to play music from your iPod library in place of the default music.
- All images are compatible with the new Retina display.
- TV out support! See your practice on your big-screen television.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
AppleVis Editor Note: this app was submitted before Usability Ratings were introduced, so one has been chosen on the basis of the accessibility comments made by the original poster. If you have used this app, please post a comment to let us know if you agree with the Rating.
Original Comments: The developer has worked hard to make this app fully accessible, and he's done a good job with most of it. You can read all the information about practices and pose descriptions, and all buttons are labeled. The only problem is that some of the instructions during the classes aren't as clear as I wish they were. They definitely are written with the assumption that you can see the screen. My son helped me with several of them, however, and I can now use the app reasonably well. And when I first tried this app in april, the instructions wouldn't play if VoiceOver was running, so this app has improved a lot since then. The developer is really great.
0 people have recommended this app