Description of App
Lose weight with MyFitnessPal, the fastest and easiest-to-use calorie counter for iOS. With the largest food database by far (over 5,000,000 foods) and amazingly fast and easy food and exercise entry, we'll help you take those extra pounds off! And all 100% FREE! There is no better diet app - period.
• Consumer Reports #1 rated diet
• PC Magazine Editor’s Choice Selection
• #1 Health and Fitness app for 4 years straight
Also featured in the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, Wired, USA Today, Family Circle, Marie Claire, NBC, CNET, Shape, the Today Show and more.
• “The first diet tool that has ever worked for me! I’ve lost 30 pounds!”
• “This is the best calorie counter, free or paid, and I’ve tried them all.”
• “The food database is HUGE! I’ve NEVER had a missing food.”
• “This app takes seconds to use, it’s that simple.”
• “I can’t believe this app is free! I would have paid for this.”
• “This is the best app on my phone. I use it every day.”
• “This app literally saved my life. Thank you MyFItnessPal!”
WHY WE’RE BETTER THAN OTHER APPS
• 100% FREE - no hidden charges or in-app purchases
• Track your diet and exercise in less than 5 minutes a day! It's that fast and easy
• Largest food database of any iPhone calorie counter – over 5,000,000 foods and growing daily
• Easiest and fastest food entry – remembers your favorites, add multiple foods at once, save and add entire meals, and more. THERE IS NO FASTER OR EASIER APP THAN MYFITNESSPAL.
• Connect with over 50 devices and apps including Fitbit, Jawbone UP, Garmin, MapMyFitness, Runkeeper, Strava, Runtastic, Misfit, Withings, Healthkit, and more!
• Recipe importer - cook a lot? Our recipe importer lets you visit any recipe on the web and easily import and track it with just a tap! It feels like magic!
• Built-in step tracker - iPhone 5S/6/6+ users can track steps right from their phone, no separate tracker required
• MYFITNESSPAL WORKS – our members have lost almost 200 MILLION POUNDS combined!
HOW IT WORKS
• Simply download the app and tell us a little about yourself
• We'll create a personalized diet and exercise program just for you
• Start tracking your meals and exercise and gain insights so you can make healthier choices
• Watch the pounds come off! 88% of our users who track for 7 days or more lose weight
EASIEST APP TO TRACK DIET & EXERCISE
• 5,000,000+ food database of global items and cuisines. Virtually every food you eat is in our database already
• Barcode scanner - track a food just by scanning it's barcode. Over 4 million barcodes recognized!
• Recipe importer - visit any recipe on the web, and magically import it and track it with just a tap!
• Step tracker - iphone 5S and iPhone 6/6+ users can track steps and overall calorie burn right from their phone. No separate tracker required!
• Track all major nutrients: calories, fat, protein, carbs, sugar, fiber, cholesterol, and more
• Track over 350 cardio exercises and strength training, including sets, reps, and weight/rep
CONNECT APPS & DEVICES
• Easily connects and seamless integrates with over 50 apps and devices including Fitbit, Jawbone UP, Garmin, MapMyFitness, Runkeeper, Strava, Runtastic, Misfit, Withings, Healthkit, and more! Works with virtually every fitness app and device.
• Connect with friends and easily track and motivate each other, or meet new friends from the MyFitnessPal community!
GOALS & REPORTS
• Received personalized goals based on your individual diet profile, or enter your own goals if you’ve gotten specific recommendations from a doctor, nutritionist, etc.
• Gain insights into where your calories and nutrients are coming from and how to make healthier choices
• View charts of your progress over time for motivation
• Daily nutritional summary with all major nutrients
Why wait? Everything is 100% free so you have nothing to lose except those extra pounds! Download us and start leading a healthier life today!
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Very Accessible with VoiceOver
I have not had a chance to test this app out 100 percent, but the parts that I have used, such as searching for foods in the huge data base and entering the foods that I have for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks is totally accessible. The exercise portion also seems to be totally accessible. I have used this app for about a week now and I have not come across any VoiceOver issues. I have not tried out the bar code scanner to see how successful that is but my entering in the foods that I have had in the search field, the data base has found everything that I have entered. Give this app a try, what can it hurt, it is FREE!
2 people have recommended this app
I emailed the developer today because a recent update broke access to the progress function. Previously there was a picker used to enter weight. Now, it's a slider that VO does not appear to see.
Hopefully they will address this in a future update.
I just downloaded this app I thought I was going to b able to use it, but I couldn't even finish the signup process.
I was able to choose my gender and date of birth. Although the buttons to choose your activity level aren't labeled, I assumed what they were and chose one.
All was fine and good until I had to choose my height and weight, which is the picker issue mentioned in the previous comment. I hope they fix this soon because I am really interested in using this app.
While there are a bunch of unlabelled buttons, this app has bee quite accessible. I have been using it for about 6 months, and this change is the first real issue I have encountered. I have my fingers crossed.
hi! i figured i'd check this app out, but after reading the comments, i'm not so sure anymore...
any news about the broken accessibility of this app yet? has it been fixed?
I use the app daily Yes, it has a couple poorly labelled buttons. No, you can't put in your weight through the app. But overall, it's easy to use and works well.
I gave this app a quick once-over using an iPhone 6 with iOS 9.2.1. The real issues I encountered were when I tried to add foods to my meals of the day. For some reason, I kept going back to January 3rd rather than the current day. I also found it hard to reliably review the information I had previously entered for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There were heading indicators for each meal, but the rotor didn't take me to each heading reliably. Admittedly, I didn't give this app much of a chance, but my current impression is that I'm not willing to fuss with this app as much as I would need to in order to make it work for me. That is a shame, because I know that this app is very popular among the sighted community, and I would really like to have used it.
I have been using the app for almost a year. Yes, it has a couple quirks, but they are not show stoppers for me.
The app has the all too common issue where swiping will not scroll the screen to sections not currently displayed. Rather than trying to navigate by rotor and headings, I scroll the screen with three finger swipes. There are about two pages, so if I am adding breakfast or lunch, I know I need the top page. Adding Dinner, snacks, and exercise is on the lower screen.
I am not sure where you are getting the odd calendar issue. By default, the app will open with the current date. It is possible to move to previous, or future dates by doing three finger right and left swipes. i have never needed to get to anything else so i am unaware of a way to directly enter dates, and hence don't know how you are getting where you are...
On a positive note, the developers have been responsive, and have fixed accessibility problems when they are made aware of them.
I could not agree more with the last person to have made comment regarding this finiky app. It sounds great but it is so fussy, finding the appropriate meal and add food button is really a crap shoot, the date in my diary seems to like January for some reason, and seeing an overview of the days calories is really troublesome. I have yet to figure out how to track my exerciseet. I do like the way it reads bar codes but unfortunately, this app makes something tedious into a real bother....and I have given it 2 weeks of my time. most frustrating of all is when I go through all that effort and enter my days meals and then go back to finish entering something and it is all gone! Every bit of it. Cant tell you how many times I have re-entered all mmy food intake. Too bad for it really has a marvelous database and sighted peeps must really rock it.,
The developer recently released V.19 to address the issues relating to progress entry and the weight picker