Description of App:
From the ITunes Store
Get in on the real-time GPS action happening in YOUR neighborhood!! Do you have what it takes to be the Capo of your city?
“…the GPS element sets this game apart” – The Times of London: RATED 4/5 Stars
“a trailblazer” – The Guardian: RATED top 10 free iPad game
RATED A- – The Onion A.V. Club
Turf Wars is the massively multiplayer online game where you claim and defend your favorite real-world places from other mobsters. Stake your claim on your neighborhood, your favorite bar or restaurant, your school or workplace – the city is yours for the taking!
Start off as a lowly street punk and rise through the ranks to become the biggest mobster in your area! Run realistic missions, fight local mobsters, seize territory, and deal with the cops to gain more influence and take over your city.
– Control REAL territory in your city and around the world!
– Build and defend your turf using dozens of realistic weapons and upgrades.
– Capture other player’s turf and make it your OWN!
– Make other players to pay you protection money for their turf’s “safety”
– Send messages to your friends, enemies, and mob members.
– Deal with local law enforcement as you grow your empire
– Invite your friends to build the most powerful mob in your city!
– View worldwide and local high rollers
– Free updates!
– Works on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (OS 7.0 or higher required)
– Fight and take over other players’ turf for your chance to become the Capo of your city!
Your device must be running OS 7.0 or higher and be connected to the Internet to play. For best results, Location Services should be enabled on your device.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
This game is fully accessible, and the developers are responsive to accessibility requests, but there are a couple of things that take some getting used to. It deals with a map, and when you are claiming turf, you won't know who has turf that's close to you without sighted assistance. This doesn't affect gameplay, it's just nice to know where you are, in relation to others. I have also noticed that sometimes, when you try to choose one thing, you jump to a different screen. I'm not sure if this is because the game is showing a split screen, but with a little patience, you can get where you want to go. This doesn't happen often, but it is worth noting.
For those who may be missing the Storm8 games, this is similar to IMobsters. It's a cross between Mafia Wars and IMobsters, but the thing that makes it unique is the realtime GPS factor. You literally "claim turf" in your own city, and later, around the world. It's easy to grow your mob, but the most fun can be had if you have friends who play in the same city.