Description of App
Pop up some fun on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch! It's the very newest virtual cooking app from Maverick Software, creators of Cupcakes!, More Cookies! and all the other food apps you love.
More Popcorn gives you everything you need to pop, flavor, season and share all kinds of tasty virtual popcorn treats on your iPhone or iPad. Choose a popper from a pan or domed popper to a microwave or hot air popper. Tilt to pour in the oil & kernels, shake the pan or open/close the microwave door, and watch the popcorn pop!
After you've made a big bowl of hot popcorn, you can add 50+ coatings, toppings, and mix-ins. Caramel corn, kettle corn, cheese corn, wasabi, peppermint, fruit candy coatings, it's all there! Then mix in chocolate chips, nuts, gummy bears, or other kinds of fun foods.
Once you've seasoned your popcorn just right (even shaking the phone to mix up the kernels to coat better), you can eat it or share it via email or save to your photos.
But that's not all! You can also roll your popcorn into yummy popcorn balls, or make popcorn strings that you can use to decorate Christmas trees or wreaths, or even pick you own photo and give it the popcorn decorative touch.
More Popcorn features:
- Gorgeous Retina Display graphics and full screen iPad support. No matter what you play on, from iPod Touch to iPad 2, it'll look amazing.
- 4 different poppers: pan, domed popper, microwave, and hot air popper.
- Over 70 toppings, coatings, and mix-ins. Sweet and savory, fruits and nuts, chocolate, candy, it's all in there!
- 25 achievements you can earn and brag about via Gamcenter. Find secrets, make special mixes, and earn all the points.
- Customize your popcorn bowl with 12 different colors.
- Make popcorn balls and popcorn strings, and use the strings to decorate built in Christmas themed pictures or use your own photos.
- World-wide Gamecenter leader boards to see who has popped the most and made the most strings!'
Post a review with your requests and we'll add them to our frequent free updates!
As of October 19 this ap has been updated and now supports Voiceover. You still have to do a certain amount of turning VO on and off, but things are made as easy as a graphics based ap can possibly be.
First select your kind of popper, then you will be told what you need to do to start to make popcorn. If, for example, you choose a Microwave popper, you need to swipe first left and then right to open and close the microwave door. I find this needs to be done with Vo off. Once your popcorn is ready, you are given a selection of toppings, mix-ins and coatings to add to it. I am pretty sure you have to turn off VO and touch the picture to add them, this is because the "Undo" button is dimmed until I do this. When you have everything in your bowl, shake your phone or press the shake button to mix your popcorn. Then you can eat. It's cool, because you really can eat it till it's all gone. You will stop hearing a sound
when that happens and when you turn on VO it'll say "All gone."
This is a classic example of what can be done by contacting developers. I told Maverick software that this ap was broken for VO and now it's fixed. It's fun to play with! Only two slight disappointments. Bowls are still totally unlabeled buttons, you just have to select one at random. Making a ball or string with your popcorn I think is not going to happen, because you have to touch and drag, but for now I'm happy to be able to use an ap which I bought and has just been sitting idle in my Maverick folder.