Description of App:
Bake, eat and share virtual pizzas on your iPod Touch or iPhone! From Maverick Software, creators of the most popular food games on the App Store, including Cupcakes! and More Toast. One of the "Best iPhone apps for kids" - Slate.com Our latest update is here! We've added lots of your suggestions:
- Achievements! 20 different special pizzas & secrets to make.
- World pizza making leaderboard now uses Game Center!
- Added the My Apps screen so you can keep track of all your Mavierck apps.
Turn your iPod Touch or iPhone into a pizzeria! Choose your crust, pour on the sauce, add loads of cheese and all the toppings you want. Then bake it right there in your virtual oven, where it will come out piping hot and ready to slice. Once you've made your pizza masterpiece, you can email the whole pie or just a slice to your friends, save a picture to your photos library, or serve it up on a plate and take virtual bites out of it! You can choose the type of plate and tablecloth to serve your pizza on, to give it the ambiance it deserves. More Pizza features:
- 15 kinds of crusts (thin, deep dish, cheesy, french bread, bagels, whole wheat, hand tossed, square, bunny shaped, sugar cookie, chocolate chip cookie, bunny shaped cookie, heart shaped, sourdough, mini-pizzas)
- 13 sauces (red, white, pesto, BBQ, ranch, hoisin, salsa, olive oil, peanut butter, refried beans for taco pizzas, plus cream cheese, vanilla icing, & chocolate icing for making dessert pizza
- 7 kinds of cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, ricotta, mixed, gouda, fontina, feta)
- 57 toppings (pepperoni, mushrooms, black olives, green peppers, red onions, chopped onions, spinach, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, sausage, meatballs, bacon, ham, pineapple, jalapenos, roasted garlic, bbq chicken, anchovies, tomatoes, basil, broccoli, red & yellow peppers, carrots, corn, fried eggs, strawberries, bananas, apples, kiwi, chocolate candies, candy hearts, gummy bears, canadian bacon, green olives, rainbow sprinkles, jelly beans, chocolate chips, green chiles, fresh mushrooms, shredded lettuce, hamburger, pickles, cilantro, avocados, cookie bits, gummy worms, candy shamrocks, toffee bits, grilled shrimp, smoked duck, peanuts, zucchini, chocolate shavings, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
- Add parmesan cheese, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper or frosting (for dessert pizzas) after you bake.
- Slice your pizza into 4, 6 or 8 slices, or eat the whole pie at once
- Set your oven timer to bake your pizza from just barely melting the cheese to burning the crust
- Share photos of your pizza via email (OS 3.0 or later), Facebook, or your photos library
- Choose from 18 different plates and 15 tablecloths to serve on
Warning! This app has been known to cause severe pizza cravings in real life. The developer spent many a lunch researching the topic at her favorite local pizza joint.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
For anyone who is comfortable with the earlier Maverick games, the ones before Voiceover was fully integrated, you will want to add More Pizza to your collection as it is a lot easier to play with no sight than the description makes it sound.
You are given clear instructions about what to do when, you will need to turn off VO to add things like sauce, toppings, cheese and seasoning to your crust which you do by either gently swiping or touching across the centre of the screen. As a side note here, I have found that my speed dots overlay has been of inestimable help to me in all maverick games, as it helps me to know where the top of the picture is and to where I need to add things, if I am playing by touch.
When you need to set the timer, use a circular finger motion near the bottom of the screen, you will know if you are successful because you will be able to see the bake button. One more thing to remember is that there are many pages of toppings, sauces and crusts, etc, and you need to reach them by doing a three-fingered swipe left or right.
Overall, you need to be comfortable with the Maverick Modus Operandi to do this one, but if you are, or you want to learn, it is a lot more doable than some, and the results are always yummy!
Unfortunately I have found a problem with this and all Maverick Software games. It is proving much more difficult to do a three-fingered swipe to turn pages which will enable access to more ingredients. While it can be done with patience it makes the game much more of a hit and miss affair and makes it much harder to play and less fun. I am therefore sadly changing the rating.