Description of App:
Euchre Online is a great way to play your favorite card game with others online. Play as many games as you want for free!
Game Center Multiplayer Games
- Play against 1-3 random opponents
- Invite your friends to a private game
- Climb the global leader board when you win online
- 12 achievements to unlock
- Supports iPhone and iPad
- Upgrade to the full version to communicate with your opponents through the in-game text-based chat feature
Copied from iTunes app description.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
There are a few quirks to get used to, though this is fully accessible (I am assuming by accident - I am not sure!)
- Moves are read out automatically (IE "Computer plays Ace of Spades", "Partner plays King of Spades", etc.)
- Also reads out automatically who is the dealer when a new hand starts.
- Also notifies you/reads out whether each player passes or orders a player up (IE "Computer passes" or "Partner says pick it up")
- It also notifies you when it is your turn by simply saying "Your turn"
- It notifies other things, too, such as when you or the other team gains a point/points, if someone "goes alone" and the current # of tricks the team has.
- If you swipe left/right, you can remind yourself which suit is trump and what cards have been played (the cards that have been played are nearer to the top.)
- Your own cards are listed at the very bottom when you swipe all the way right. They are not noted as buttons, but are tappable.
- If you do a two finger swipe up to get to the top of the screen, it will list the current scores (the 2 teams are 'Red' and 'Black' - I find your team is usually 'Black'.
Some of the quirks:
- Sometimes the buttons to Pass/Order Trump or to choose trump do not seem to show up right away when you swipe left/right. I find if you lift your finger away from the screen and touch somewhere in the middle of the screen and then swipe left/right it will find them (I am assuming this is a popup or something that VO needs to try to focus on.) Usually with a few seconds I can find it.
As a note:
- Pass/Order Trump show up as buttons, though they have plain text labels next to them - ensure to tap on the button ones.
- The list of suits to set as trump show up as something like "Make Hearts Trump", etc., though it seems to run together with the name of the players. Just look for buttons that say "Make " in the name and tap on them.
- I can't seem to figure out how to properly exit the game after ending play or disconnecting an online play. I noted if I double tapped on the message that said "You get 2 points for winning" after an online/multi-player game, it popped up an option to Disconnect. Still figuring this out.
- There are a lot of random labels that say "Pass" or "+2" or "+1" - I am assuming these are listings of what each player did last, though the order is wrong for VO. I find it easy to ignore them, though since the pertinent information is read out automatically by VO.
Otherwise, it's fairly easy to figure things out. Hoping to maybe contact the developer regarding the oddities, as with a few tweaks this would be extremely accessible!
Again - this is very useable and the minor issues are easy to work around. Hopnig to contact the developer to get the things fixed, if possible! I've been looking for an accessible Euchre game for a long time.